advertisement

Pair of Radford MA25 mono amps

Interesting project for someone.
They are the 'early MA25s' with KT88 outputs (not KT66s as advertised) and employ cathode bias rather than the fixed bias of the later EL34 versions.
I doubt if there are many out there...

Damn, it is this sort of thing that makes me twitch at the idea of trying valve power amp's........................

Resist, resist, resist..............................

Anyone going to take a punt on where they will end? LOADS of time left...................

Last edited:
Definitely worth a punt IMO. If I needed more power I’d have a bid myself. Just don’t forget to click the link before bidding!

Radlett Audio?

yes post 492

I am about to list a pair of Radford MA25 mono block valve amps on E-Bay.

Needless to say, these amps are extremely rare and extremely good. I last used them around 3 years ago, before they went into storage, when they were sounding sweet, open and wonderful as you would expect from Radford. They will need a thorough clean up and maybe a service but all appears intact with KT66 valves.

Any interest, please contact me [email protected] for more info and pics.

https://theartofsound.net/forum/sho...al)-on-The-Art-of-Sound&p=1320139#post1320139

Interesting project for someone.
They are the 'early MA25s' with KT88 outputs (not KT66s as advertised) and employ cathode bias rather than the fixed bias of the later EL34 versions.
I doubt if there are many out there...
To me it looks like one amp has KT66s and one has KT88s. Am I seeing that right?

Normally KT66s do not have metal ring bases, and yes I know there are some recent Russian makes with them.
It is a safe bet that all KT88s and 6550s do have metal ring bases.

That is a lot of money, but I guess they are that rare. Probably not a bad deal if the buyer knows enough to service them themselves, though what I learned about green wire goo in my 124 last week (just eeew!), and that Radfords are likely afflicted, potentially makes that job massively harder than swapping a few caps and measuring some resistors.

advertisement

Back