advertisement

Oxfam for Turkey and Syria

donation amount £25 or £60 or £120 is highlighted, i am happy to donate but do feel these charity companies suggested donation amounts are a bit cheeky.......

Oxfam have a pretty extensive real estate portfolio.

All of their charity shops and their Admin offices, they own outright and hold them all as freeholds, fyi.

I know Oxfam is not a favourite charity around here hence including Shelterbox.
I wish poisonous t---s would got back to t-----r where they belong.

Government is matching donations to Disasters Emergency Committee at the moment.
It's an umbrella organisation for a number of involved charities.

DEC were a little slow off the mark but the more that is donated the better.

Daughter of a close friend lives in Turkey close to the site of the second quake.

Government is matching donations to Disasters Emergency Committee at the moment.
It's an umbrella organisation for a number of involved charities.
They’re my donation point of choice. I gave to Oxfam because of the link up thread. A few minutes ago I got called by ‘Oxfam’ flatteringly thanking me. Then “have I got 10 min?” It was a pressure call from a third party chugger wanting a monthly payment. He was quite good, didn’t take no for an answer and tried to negotiate a lower payment than his first option ( the classic alternative close). Only at the end did he reveal he worked for a third party.
How annoying. I explained I never sign up to monthly payments, only one offs. It’ll be DEC in future.

advertisement

Back