advertisement

Outrageous horn speakers and tube amps. Thoughts?

Very interesting, I've seen pics of their products on Instagram and was aware that Mr Schroeder made the tonearms.
Thanks for posting

I guess I admire his absolute certainty of what he is saying is true ( a good salesman). Most of it was, but when he said, or implied that the flat sided cone was better, I'm afraid I just thought he should have added that it was cheaper to make also. So why do other manufactures make more complicated shaped cones which are more expensive to make. All the same I would love to hear them.

Look here: https://onken.info/

This is the real deal. Those WE horns would kill your ears with a 2 watt amplifier. This was a necessity at the beginning of talkies because they just couldn't produce powerful valve amplifiers.

I subscribe to Steve Guttenburg's Channel on Youtube so I've seen this video a few times. I very much enjoyed it.
The guy is a salesman, but a damn good one - -it was a pleasure to listen to his refined pitch.
He's right, when people spend that amount of money on a system they want something that makes guests want to listen to it. Something that makes a strong visual statement - I would anyway.
Love the retro vibe, love the materials, love the strong aesthetic. Wish I could afford a system from him.

advertisement

Back