advertisement

Outlook 2013, IMAP and Frustration

garyi

leave blank
Hello.

Our IT guy is very friendly and helpful but seems a bit stumped with this one although he did try to blag it.

I have outlook 2013, its not very nice but my general experience of outlook is that it does at least work.

All my work email is on IMAP and sure enough has been flawless on my various macs over the years

However on this new PC the IMAP is totally flakey. For instance the sent folder stops last wednesday. Why is that?

Searching in outlook is a nightmare. I have carefully checked that all emails are downloaded as opposed to just headers, but performing a search can take upwards of a minute. the little moving dots are very pretty but results on mac are instant and I really need that to occur in outlook.

Is there anything I can do about this, I really don't want to use POP, but in essence that was our IT guys suggestion?

Although it would be lovely to know your Outlook works well, what I really need is some solutions!

Yours frustratingly..

I've not had to go near Outlook or Exchange for getting on for 15 years now. Life is good.

advertisement

Back