Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Ordered The Buchardt A500 + Hub

Discussion in 'audio' started by bazza., Jan 27, 2021.

1. ste71

ste71 pfm Member

It hasn't been mentioned yet that in the same mail Mads announces that Buchardt should come out with their own new hub in 2021, offering a full refund for the current Platin hub to those interested in trading it in for the new Buchardt hub

2. bazza.

bazza. pfm Member

He didn't say anything about that to me when I placed the order I'm guessing its going to be more expensive than the current one

3. ste71

ste71 pfm Member

Oh yes I assume that, too. It is described as "premium option" and the current Platin hub that is bundled with the A500 doesn't actually have the "premium" look :)

4. Margin_walker

Margin_walker pfm Member

Definitely more expensive. The design is based on the i150 amp. Mads has said they will offer the full value of the platin amp when trading up to the new amp.

5. Margin_walker

Margin_walker pfm Member

Also, for anyone worried about obsolescence, Mads has confirmed that they are already developing modules (although they won't be ready for a few years) that can be dropped into replace the existing ones if required.

bazza. likes this.
  6. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

Solidsteel SS6 come in white?
    There’s also a black pair for sale in the PFM classifieds atm!

7. bazza.

bazza. pfm Member

There sold I just checked,But Buchardt have just said they will be releasing a set of stands soon so I'll keep an eye out for them
    But thanks for the heads up

8. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

You won’t find a more stable stand than the Solidsteel SS range. Even though light weight they are absolutely 100% rigid. Worth the money IMHO.

Robby and bazza. like this.
  9. PerF

PerF Member

Buchardt loudspeakers are high on my list to try.
    I like the active option, though never thought I should use wireless speakers.

10. bazza.

bazza. pfm Member

I’m the same as I mostly use my speakers as part of my AV ( front left and right ) and for my Michell Orbe turntable , So it will be converting my analog deck to digital and then but I though a DSP and DAC lol but everyone with a deck says it sounds great . Plus it will be my first time trying out online music streaming

11. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

12. bazza.

bazza. pfm Member

13. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

Not mine, not me asking, I just saw them and thought someone here may want to put in an offer.

bazza. likes this.
  14. bazza.

bazza. pfm Member

Fair play most people only have 2 months to wait now so cant see him getting anywhere near the price he's asking
    In Europe Mads said the black and white models are wanted the most the walnut is big in the US

15. RoA

RoA Well-Known Member

Good looking, well reviewed speakers. I am a convert for active speakers though would not rule out going back to separates ever again. - The lack of messing around with all the hifi paraphernalia is refreshing though I still managed to use my 'fancy' (£30) power cables and '257 strand real glass fibre' toslink cable.

Old habits die hard.

Margin_walker likes this.
  16. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

After having active system for nearly 10 years, I personally came back to passive on the grounds that its actually a simpler system. IF, you buy an amp with DAC and RIAA inputs and a pair of passive speakers.
    1 mains lead in, two speaker cables out, and a/any source of choice attached.

Fretbuzz and Robby like this.
  17. bazza.

bazza. pfm Member

This will be my first time going active and steaming I'm looking forward to it
    plus my wife is happy as I'll be one box less (ATC amp has been sold)
    But still have a Marantz AV amp as I plan to use the A500 as part of my 5.1

18. yentone

yentone pfm Member

Sounds very interesting - I am definitely in the market for reducing numbers of boxes! Any sensitivities around speaker positioning?

19. bazza.

bazza. pfm Member

Not really as the hub has room correction software built in and the speaker you can download this thing called master tuning which let you play around
    with the crossover level and near wall placement and so on
    This review is well worth watching

20. yentone

yentone pfm Member

Well, that is pretty compelling! Further investigation starts here...... thanks!

Cereal Killer and bazza. like this.