advertisement

Ordered The Buchardt A500 + Hub

bazza.

pfm Member
So I ordered the Buchardt A500 active speakers and hub yesterday in white to replace my ATC SCM40s
But I'm going to have to wait till May before they are available .
Its going to be a long few months :)

Has anyone on here got them ???

Like you I’m in between speakers, I’ve been looking at the 400 but the wait puts me off. Do you have a spare set of something to tide you over? I couldn’t wait until May.

Not got or heard them but if I had the money to spare they'd definitely be my #1 choice for an active speaker with dsp, I don't think ive ever read/watched a bad review of them.

Like you I’m in between speakers, I’ve been looking at the 400 but the wait puts me off. Do you have a spare set of something to tide you over? I couldn’t wait until May.

I've just sold my Atc 40s and amp and for now I'm using my big Marantz AV amp to power a set of 25 year old TDL RTL2 speakers
The bass isn't so bad but they lack the mid range I'm used to and the top rolls of some what but they do have character :)

What speaker are you waiting for ?

I've just sold my Atc 40s and amp and for now I'm using my big Marantz AV amp to power a set of 25 year old TDL RTL2 speakers
The bass isn't so bad but they lack the mid range I'm used to and the top rolls of some what but they do have character :)

What speaker are you waiting for ?

See Hi fi nuts post, am flirting with others too and took a look at the Burchardt, some good reviews online.

I ordered my A500 + hub set in November and they should be delivered in a couple of weeks.
By the way, my other choice would have been SCM40a - plus a RME pre/DAC that I already have.
Can’t wait to have them here and try them.
The 45 days trial is a great chance indeed and Mads is very helpful with technical support, I had a few doubts and I ordered my set after he cleared them in a couple of mails.

I ordered my A500 + hub set in November and they should be delivered in a couple of weeks.
By the way, my other choice would have been SCM40a - plus a RME pre/DAC that I already have.
Can’t wait to have them here and try them.
The 45 days trial is a great chance indeed and Mads is very helpful with technical support, I had a few doubts and I ordered my set after he cleared them in a couple of mails.

Cool I'd love to hear what you think of them , its going to be interesting pairing my Michell Orbe to the hub

I had the SCM40 mk1 and the ATC SIA2-150 amp, sounded great but the new place I'm moving to doesn't have the space for them.
I found Mads super helpful hes a top chap

One drunken night in November I ordered them with February delivery, but my card was declined and in the cold light of day I decided not to follow my drunken impulses.

Maybe I should have!

.sjb

I ordered mine in late December for Feb delivery after a few emails back and forth with Mads. I’ve liked the idea of actives for a while and these seemed like a good place to start. Rather looking forward to trying them out.

Looking forward to some feedback from users on here. As mentioned above it appears no testers have had a bad thing to say about them.

Email from Buchardt this morning, the February delivery is delayed to shipping around 18/19 March for European/UK orders; US deliveries will be a bit quicker. Stated reason is shipping problems from Asia to the rest of the world.

Just found Mads' mail in my mailbox. Pity, we will have to wait longer.
For what is worth, I can confirm that also in my own work many shipments from far east countries have been delayed (and shipping costs have skyrocketed as well).

Email from Buchardt this morning, the February delivery is delayed to shipping around 18/19 March for European/UK orders; US deliveries will be a bit quicker. Stated reason is shipping problems from Asia to the rest of the world.

When I spoke to Mads he did say he had one set of black ones left for the February delivery but I really want the white ones
I'm glad now I didn't change my mind just to get them early hearing this news

I have had my A500s for a few months now. I was really nervous about the idea of everything being digital and that i would lose the analogue feel on vinyl. I have had zero issues on that front as my records sound better than they ever have done. I would highly recommend the speakers - the room correction works, the master tunings allow for system tinkering without endless box swapping, they look good and most importantly they sound great. I would also echo what was said above about Mads - he is happy to answer any questions and is always very helpful. My only issue has been that the HDMI inout was a bit buggy initially but this seems to have been sorted out now

Has anyone compared the floorstanders A700 to the A500?

I had some minor doubts when ordering my A500 set, the A500s will replace Totem Forests and I'm keeping SBLs in anther system. If I remember correct, among other things Mads said that the A700s have a deep, powerful bass. I never considered myself a bass freak so I thought the 500s were the right choice for me.

Has anyone compared the floorstanders A700 to the A500?

I had some minor doubts when ordering my A500 set, the A500s will replace Totem Forests and I'm keeping SBLs in anther system. If I remember correct, among other things Mads said that the A700s have a deep, powerful bass. I never considered myself a bass freak so I thought the 500s were the right choice for me.

I haven't compared them to the a700, but the bass on the a500s is certainly enough for my room 16' x13'.

advertisement

Back