Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Ordered The Buchardt A500 + Hub

Discussion in 'audio' started by bazza., Jan 27, 2021.

1. bazza.

bazza. pfm Member

So I ordered the Buchardt A500 active speakers and hub yesterday in white to replace my ATC SCM40s
    But I'm going to have to wait till May before they are available .
    Its going to be a long few months :)

Has anyone on here got them ???

[​IMG]

2. amazement

amazement pfm Member

Like you I’m in between speakers, I’ve been looking at the 400 but the wait puts me off. Do you have a spare set of something to tide you over? I couldn’t wait until May.

3. Somafunk

Somafunk pfm Member

Not got or heard them but if I had the money to spare they'd definitely be my #1 choice for an active speaker with dsp, I don't think ive ever read/watched a bad review of them.

bazza. likes this.
  4. bazza.

bazza. pfm Member

I've just sold my Atc 40s and amp and for now I'm using my big Marantz AV amp to power a set of 25 year old TDL RTL2 speakers
    The bass isn't so bad but they lack the mid range I'm used to and the top rolls of some what but they do have character :)

What speaker are you waiting for ?

5. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/falcon-ls35a-to-tannoy-eaton.250387/

6. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Really interested to hear what you think of these when they arrive. If you need a Buchardt stopgap there's a pair of S300 MK2s on ebay at the moment.

bazza. and hifinutt like this.
  7. amazement

amazement pfm Member

See Hi fi nuts post, am flirting with others too and took a look at the Burchardt, some good reviews online.

bazza. likes this.
  8. ste71

ste71 pfm Member

I ordered my A500 + hub set in November and they should be delivered in a couple of weeks.
    By the way, my other choice would have been SCM40a - plus a RME pre/DAC that I already have.
    Can’t wait to have them here and try them.
    The 45 days trial is a great chance indeed and Mads is very helpful with technical support, I had a few doubts and I ordered my set after he cleared them in a couple of mails.

BTC3 and bazza. like this.
  9. bazza.

bazza. pfm Member

Cool I'd love to hear what you think of them , its going to be interesting pairing my Michell Orbe to the hub

I had the SCM40 mk1 and the ATC SIA2-150 amp, sounded great but the new place I'm moving to doesn't have the space for them.
    I found Mads super helpful hes a top chap

10. Sloop John B

Sloop John B pfm Member

One drunken night in November I ordered them with February delivery, but my card was declined and in the cold light of day I decided not to follow my drunken impulses.

Maybe I should have!

.sjb

Waxxy and bazza. like this.
  11. BTC3

BTC3 pfm Member

I ordered mine in late December for Feb delivery after a few emails back and forth with Mads. I’ve liked the idea of actives for a while and these seemed like a good place to start. Rather looking forward to trying them out.

bazza. likes this.
  12. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

Looking forward to some feedback from users on here. As mentioned above it appears no testers have had a bad thing to say about them.

bazza. likes this.
  13. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

Let's hope you like them Bazza, they certainly look good and you can give yourself some idea of the sound on You Tube

bazza. likes this.
  14. BTC3

BTC3 pfm Member

Email from Buchardt this morning, the February delivery is delayed to shipping around 18/19 March for European/UK orders; US deliveries will be a bit quicker. Stated reason is shipping problems from Asia to the rest of the world.

15. ste71

ste71 pfm Member

Just found Mads' mail in my mailbox. Pity, we will have to wait longer.
    For what is worth, I can confirm that also in my own work many shipments from far east countries have been delayed (and shipping costs have skyrocketed as well).

BTC3 likes this.
  16. bazza.

bazza. pfm Member

When I spoke to Mads he did say he had one set of black ones left for the February delivery but I really want the white ones
    I'm glad now I didn't change my mind just to get them early hearing this news

17. Margin_walker

Margin_walker pfm Member

I have had my A500s for a few months now. I was really nervous about the idea of everything being digital and that i would lose the analogue feel on vinyl. I have had zero issues on that front as my records sound better than they ever have done. I would highly recommend the speakers - the room correction works, the master tunings allow for system tinkering without endless box swapping, they look good and most importantly they sound great. I would also echo what was said above about Mads - he is happy to answer any questions and is always very helpful. My only issue has been that the HDMI inout was a bit buggy initially but this seems to have been sorted out now

bazza. and Paul McDonough like this.
  18. ste71

ste71 pfm Member

Has anyone compared the floorstanders A700 to the A500?

I had some minor doubts when ordering my A500 set, the A500s will replace Totem Forests and I'm keeping SBLs in anther system. If I remember correct, among other things Mads said that the A700s have a deep, powerful bass. I never considered myself a bass freak so I thought the 500s were the right choice for me.

19. Margin_walker

Margin_walker pfm Member

I haven't compared them to the a700, but the bass on the a500s is certainly enough for my room 16' x13'.

bazza. likes this.
  20. bazza.

bazza. pfm Member

Before they turn up I need to find some white stands which my wife will be happy with lol

cctaylor likes this.