advertisement

opera at the nave- North London

roman

pfm Member
Just alerting anyone living near Islington, Highbury or Dalston about an Opera double bill tonight and tomorrow as well as the next two weekends at 'the nave' on the corner of the Essex rd and balls Pond rd.

The first is 'the mariner' from coleridges rime of the ancient mariner, while the second is 'the clown of god', a libretto adapted from a short play about Nijinsky. Both are composed and conducted by Louis Mander, a young and very talented composer and sung by a wonderful group of singers, accompanied by piano, harp and accordion.

I should declare at this stage that I have a small connection with this. (Im jointly credited with stage managing, though that's way too grand a term for shifting a few bits and pieces around for the production). However I won't profit from any ticket sales so hopefully posting this is OK.

I've sat in on some rehearsals and think some of the music and singing is very special indeed. However the production has been done on a shoestring and needs any help it can get, so if you want to avoid the fireworks and support some new work in a fledgling venue then please go along.

Roman

advertisement

Back