Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Open Frame stands for small bookshelf

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by raysablade, Jan 14, 2022 at 8:33 PM.

1. raysablade

raysablade pfm Member

After a lot of research i'd decided to commission some custom Something Solid XF mkII stands for my Falcon Q7s.

Unfortunately my enquiry to the dealer revealed that the makers are retooling for a new line and there no indication as to either; when they will back in production or what they will be producing when they are.

I want to wait to see what they come up with but in the meantime I need some open frame stands to put the Q7s on and to confirm that open frame is the way to go.

Does anyone have some they are happy to let go and could ship to Newcastle? Given that i'm still planning to pay full retail for the Something Solids later this year, I could do with buying at a keen price that I could hope to recover.

2. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

I think I have a pair of Epos ES11 open frame stands in the loft in black. I could let you borrow them if they would help? They would probably need a good clean before I drop them off for you!

Epos Dimensions: 14 3/4 in. H x 8 3/8 in. W x 9 7/8 in. D (37.5 cm x 22 cm x 25 cm).

3. raysablade

raysablade pfm Member

Many thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I think they will be too short. I currently have the Falcons on a couple of 60 cm high stools. After listening to them on those, the main reason i'm looking for a custom solution is that it is clear that they need to be around 10- 15cm higher. Standard open frame stands seems to top out at 60cm.

Its my fault I'm 6' 5" and that raises my ears above the standard height;)

So, I'd like to see how an open frame affects the sound in the knowledge that 60 cm is too short. I should have made that clearer.

4. RaphaelSamad

RaphaelSamad pfm Member