advertisement

oodles of Bass

Try Mezzanine-Teardrop between 1:40 and 1:50
According to Sonic Visualiser, there are 8 beats of 16~20Hz

As a side, Sonic Visualiser is excellent for figuring out what notes and chords are being played, http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/ from Queen Mary's

Tried Mezzanine again, albeit with a bit more volume and paid attention. There is quite a bit of low stuff although it seems mostly buried in the mix. Tried Teardrop at the time frame you mention, there is a lot going on and a hint perhaps of those super low tones. I would need a sub to pick that out properly though.

On the whole Mezzanine is good in small bites, I lose interest after a number of tracks and the recording isn't as sharp as it could have been.

Teardrops has the lovely Liz Fraser on it, it's a good album and worth having just for that, I only have Massive on CD.

Shackleton / You Bring Me Down. There a bass drop on it that I can't really hear, just a shockwave pulsing through the room. However, I may be playing it at the wrong speed. It's really not clear which is correct.

Seefeel / Succour. Some incredible LF pulses on 'Extract' in particular.

These all have plenty of sub-60hz content:-

Lauren Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
Pet Shop Boys - Home And Dry
Mr Oizo - Flat Beat
LL Cool J - Around The Way Girl
Mos Def - The Embassy

For the Mos Def track you have to wait till the vox kick in but it's worth it (and I don't even run subs)

Steve

Thanks for the suggestions.

Gonna borrow my wife's copy of George Michael's older! and I borrowed the dark knight soundtrack from Taunton Library today, will give them both a go when I get a chance.
GB

Fabulous George Michael track, Spinning the wheel.

Also Dark knight very good, loads of impact

advertisement

Back