advertisement

oodles of Bass

Ooh, I like that. Reminds me a little bit of Zombi, but more Fusion than electronic. I'm checking out the album now.... thanks for the tip!

George Michael - Spinning That Wheel.

Most systems won't even reproduce the bass bits I'm thinking of on these tracks. Certainly I need my sub* to do it in my room (and even then only from my middle left chair, not the middle right one!)

Cough, I dug out Older last night and you are right, especially deep bass on Spinning That Wheel. My PL300s go low, and yet I reckon there is even more deep bass in that track.

I don't have many of the albums/tracks referred to in this thread but will give Kraftwerk and Massive Attack a spin later

As part of the recent trawling through my records I did note some very deep synth on Void City off Choose Your Masques (Hawkwind).

Alpha Blondy and the Wailers - Jerusalem. Great album, awesome first track, mind blowing bass. Mine's 23 years old and still sounding fresh bought from Hamish at SO York.

Jon Hopkins - Insides - just turn it up loud... the first few motifs are somewhat deceptive.
James Blake - Limit to your Love - I think someone else mentioned that.
Kanute - Ursa Minor - Rob Overseer's electronics...
Jean Guillou, Mussorgsky - Pictures At An Exhibition, the original piano score, played on a huge church organ.
Grace Jones, Hurricane - great test of bass dynamics - will use this to find the next power amp.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Gonna borrow my wife's copy of George Michael's older! and I borrowed the dark knight soundtrack from Taunton Library today, will give them both a go when I get a chance.
GB

Hard to hear through my PC as the bass is so low, but huge through the main system from about 3:30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walk This Land - E Z Rollers (track 7 from the Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels soundtrack) very fast deep electronic bassline.
Anything by Massive Attack or Leftfield (especially Rythym and Stealth)
Dr Dre - 2001 - lots of clean deep basslines on there.

advertisement

Back