Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Only two sleeps left!

Discussion in 'audio' started by Knipester, May 17, 2022.

1. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Trade: ^'- -'^

The didn't admit it but Brexit always was going to be a disaster in the short term. I recon, give it about ten years, and things will settle down.

BB Wan likes this.
  2. PerF

PerF Scandinavian Member

Hardly

nmtjb likes this.
  3. MUTTY1

MUTTY1 Waste of bandwidth

That’s ok then. ‘Global Britain’ just when the world has decided it’s best to retreat from globalisation! Perfect timing.

4. andrewd

andrewd pfm Member

Thats optimistic in my opinion. Rees Mogg said it would take 50 years before any benefit from Brexit would happen.

5. Mr Pig

Sounds a little pessimistic but the bottom line is no one knows but I certainly think it'll take a long time.

We tend to forget that our union with Europe didn't happen overnight, it developed over a long time and started with relatively simple trade agreements. What we ended up with was not what we signed up for and it'll take ages to establish new arrangements and contracts. But it will get sorted out. Eventually.

6. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

I suspect, and hope, there will be a united Ireland long before 50 years have passed. Which really would be a benefit of Brexit.

Garrard 401 likes this.
  7. Knipester

Knipester pfm Member

Why has my thread become about brexit?

Tarzan, p147, BB Wan and 4 others like this.
  8. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity

Give it a few days, it’ll be about mains cables ;)

9. Mr Pig

Threads always become about something else. Only so long one can talk about racks you know ;0)

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  10. irb

irb pfm Member

Because there are no pictures yet. ;)

11. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Pending

Well, you did mention Munich in the OP…

12. Knipester

Knipester pfm Member

Ha good point

13. Knipester

Knipester pfm Member

Sleeps over! Can’t wait to see some pictures of the rack built and doing its job

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  14. Dan K

Dan K pfm Member

Isn't this thread just an advert? Might be why a few saw fit to de-rail it with Brexit talk

Some of us do have an idea how marketing works

Pictures needed please

15. Knipester

Knipester pfm Member

Not really Dan, I’m genuinely blown away that a small UK business like mine is being represented at a big show like Munich. If you think that’s forcing my products on you then I’m sorry it wasn’t my intention.

I’m not at the show so until I’m sent a picture I can’t post one

Robert M, Rosewind, Darren L and 3 others like this.
  16. per flemming

per flemming Registered User

Doesn't bother me the slightest, exited for pictures too.

Knipester likes this.
  17. per flemming

per flemming Registered User

I certainly hope your product is beeing forced succesfully.

Linn should be an exiting partner, beware if your prices are beeing pushed down or if they will create a copy sort of like Naim did with their fraim.

torstoi likes this.
  18. Knipester

Knipester pfm Member

I have no connections with Linn tbf, they just wanted something different for their room at the show and I jumped at the chance to showcase my latest design in a forum that a company of my size simply can’t afford.

Mr Pig likes this.
  19. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Certainly is for me - I didn`t do much with the other EU counties before Brexit - nothing at all since, not worth the trouble.

20. ssimon

ssimon pfm Member

I haven't seen your rack, but about 10years ago I bought a finite elemente 5 shelf rack, mainly because it had 5 shelves, and some thought had gone into isolation and vibration absorbtion.
    When I visited a reputable Wadia dealer to audition a player , they sold finite elemente, but he tried to sell me a much cheaper rack because he said it looked better.
    I'm sure he knew his business, and made me realise how much hifi sells on looks, I hope your rack looks good, but I would want it to sound good too.