advertisement

"One Box" solution suggestions please

thedanfan

pfm Member
My friend (no, honest) wants a one box (incl. integrated speakers) solution for her living room. Something like one of those posh dock things BUT it has to have the facility to accept CD's. All I could think of was this Ruark, but there was nose wrinkling at the cosmetics of it.

Doesn't have to be wireless.

Can you suggest anything else ?

The Cambridge looks great but she wants the speakers built in to the unit, a sort of glorified boom box with docking.

The Cambridge looks great but she wants the speakers built in to the unit, a sort of glorified boom box with docking.

Is she adamant about integrated speakers? It limits options, not to mention the sound quality hugely...

Might be worth getting her to listen to options - it might open her mind :)

Well I hate to say it but the Bose Wave III cd player fits the requirement. Is it as good as a system with decent separate speakers - no. Is it probably overpriced for what it is - yes. But its really not that bad either, and certainly sounds impressive for its size.

£2k for that Ruark? Sh1tty death. For that I can buy a cabinet and a conventional hifi to put in it. It won't look like that faux-1950s monstrosity either.

advertisement

Back