advertisement

On holiday in Blackpool

The sanctimony doesn't really work here, Jez. It really is like Viz in real life. And what's wrong with Viz?

I went into a souvenir shop to find my kids laughing out loud at this:

51322549121_0aea9015f0_b.jpg

It really is a spectacle, worthy of discussion and a laugh.

That reminds me of when I was about 4 being taken there by my parents. At some point I saw a souvenir shop with a little pottery model toilet which said “rest your arse in Blackpool.” Well I really wanted it, I screamed and cried and stomped my feet and just couldn’t understand why they were so opposed to my having such a fascinating object.

The other strong memory I have of that trip was that the train from Manchester stopped just outside Blackpool to wait for a signal, and where it stopped there was a huge sign advertising Hovis. I was totally sure that Hovis was a town, a district of Blackpool.

The sanctimony doesn't really work here, Jez. It really is like Viz in real life. And what's wrong with Viz?

I went into a souvenir shop to find my kids laughing out loud at this:

51322549121_0aea9015f0_b.jpg

It really is a spectacle, worthy of discussion and a laugh.

The confectionery describes any one who approves of this thread. Change Blackpool for Brighton and "lower working class" for gay and see how you get on then.

Hey why don't you start a thread slagging of "pikies" or the unemployed whilst you're still allowed to!? What fun eh?

The confectionery describes any one who approves of this thread. Change Blackpool for Brighton and "lower working class" for gay and see how you get on then.

Hey why don't you start a thread slagging of "pikies" or the unemployed whilst you're still allowed to!? What fun eh?
Apples and pears! I go to Brighton regularly for the Great Escape. The whole place is extremely civilized and every time I go it feels like a relaxing break. And drinking in the gay bars is great.
Blackpool is a white knuckle ride in comparison. Or is that a bare knuckle fight. There was another one outside the hotel last night, women again, interestingly.

Apples and pears! I go to Brighton regularly for the Great Escape. The whole place is extremely civilized and every time I go it feels like a relaxing break. And drinking in the gay bars is great.
Blackpool is a white knuckle ride in comparison. Or is that a bare knuckle fight. There was another one outside the hotel last night, women again, interestingly.

I assure you there is nothing you could say that could make it right. The tone of the thread, from certain posters anyway, is "lets take the piss out of a certain demographic we think of as "scum", "untermensch", "below us"".
In your reply above you may as well say "it's OK that I'm a racist because I go to gay bars to cancel it out"

I assure you there is nothing you could say that could make it right. The tone of the thread, from certain posters anyway, is "lets take the piss out of a certain demographic we think of as "scum", "untermensch", "below us"".
In your reply above you may as well say "it's OK that I'm a racist because I go to gay bars to cancel it out"
But I'm not racist either!

Anyway, have one of these: https://www.flickr.com/photos/98137110@N06/51325703832/in/dateposted/

what load of nonsense

we were there for last weekend, for 3 days, and it's as great as usual
My favourite town in UK probably......and Blackpool is not my least favourite......I'm less likely to visit Hartelpool, Middlesborough and Sunderland...no offence to any locals here! I just find them a bit dead and dreary.

That describes a lot of the trendy London set to a tee!

Indeed! And quite a few fishies.... and gruaniad readers... all of whom would do, "well just anything darlings for those lovely BLM and simply charming Pride organisers"... but when faced with the much greater need of the unemployed lower working class people (with tattoos!) who are about to lose the roof over their head... "oh do hurry along Nigel, Cynthia, get away from THOSE people" :rolleyes:

advertisement

Back