advertisement

Omelette or Tortilla fillings

Mushrooms cut thick and maybe some smoked bacon does me in an ommelette with three slices of bread n butter.

The best omelette I’ve ever eaten was in Sitia on Crete, in a little cafe in the 1970s, when there was hardly any tourism in the area. It was a potato omelette. The potatoes were probably dug up that day, and the eggs were probably laid that day, and the whole thing was lovingly prepared with an amazing home produced olive oil. I remember the café had straw on the floor and baby chicks were wondering around the room.

I remember going in a Brazilian cafe in Portugal as a kid, we were in the .mountains and it was tipping down, I had an omelette and the waiter went outside to fetch the eggs and carried them back unboxed in his hands. We had visions of him dragging them out from under hens in a barn. I don't think that they got many tourists up there back then, it was very rural.

Reactions: bob
Just had a delicious smoked haddock masala, chilli tortilla.

What is your favourite omelette or tortilla filling?
Balinese Curry smoked Haddock and noddles is one of my favourite dishes. Tonight its Tuna steak with chilli lime noodles.

Wrong. That's what you get in hotel buffet breakfasts once you have scooped it out of the puddle it's still cooking in under the lights.
Buffet scrambled eggs are made somewhere in a factory kitchen, sealed in plastic bags, and heated in the microwave oven before serving.

advertisement

Back