advertisement

Omelette or Tortilla fillings

gintonic

50 shades of grey pussy cats
Just had a delicious smoked haddock masala, chilli tortilla.

What is your favourite omelette or tortilla filling?

My local Mexican does fried Brussels sprouts, roast almonds and a creamy tahini sauce. Wash down with a floor cleaner Caipirinha.

Omelette > prawns, avocado and cheese if feeling fancy pants.

or just cheese and chives.

I never put you down as conventional Rich
I am in fact an omelette lover. I can do about ten things well in the kitchen. That's one of them. Sloppy inside, crisp outside. im not really a big foody. So i can't be bothered to experiment much. It took me about 30 years to realise that rubbery dry omelettes (and scrambled eggs) are in fact shit.

I’m not a fan of “flavoured” tortilla, a well made original is a glorious thing. That said, I once had one made with sobrasada in the mix, and some provolone cheese (cut disk) in the middle. Not for the purists, but sublime.
For omelettes, plain, with some ceps cooked in butter with garlic and pepper on the side.

I am in fact an omelette lover. I can do about ten things well in the kitchen. That's one of them. Sloppy inside, crisp outside. ...
Crisp outside? I don't think so. An omelette should have almost no colour nor be crisp.

Aged Comté cheese, cut into the thinnest filaments I can manage.

Fresh goat cheese (or brocciu) with chopped mint.

Mushrooms (sautéed and simmered in white wine, touch of lemon, cream).

Aged Comté cheese, cut into the thinnest filaments I can manage.

Fresh goat cheese (or brocciu) with chopped mint.

Mushrooms (sautéed and simmered in white wine, touch of lemon, cream).
That sounds very Gordon Ramsey yummy!

My daughter, who is a desciple, made us Ramsey slow cooked scrambled eggs, which were really great.

advertisement

Back