advertisement

Olympus OM10 - checking the seals?

It measures the light coming back off the film to do the exposure, the meter gives you a guide to the exposure worked out by measuring the reflected light off the block pattern on the front shutter curtain while you are taking the picture.

Pete

Took the lens apart today and cleaned the optics.
The 50mm now looks as new, really bright.

Used my D40 to take some eBay pics today, it’s a stunning camera for peanuts but the tactile feel of the OM10 beats it. I’ll run a film through it this week.

Ilford 400 B&W Loaded.
Planned walk with my daughter on Sunday should reveal some good ‘vistas’.

That might be a big grainy at 400 speed, but apart from that a good enough film to show what's what.

I have recently got back into shooting some film and decided to use TriX 400. I don't really see the point of using low grain films - if you want a low grain look you might as well shoot digital.

I have recently got back into shooting some film and decided to use TriX 400. I don't really see the point of using low grain films - if you want a low grain look you might as well shoot digital.

Indeed! I like HP5 plus, which is much the same I guess...

Yes, valid point. ISO 400 is a challenge to shoot in bright conditions. You will run out of fast shutter speeds and be using the lens at its worst performing aperture. If choosing a film for its grain character only, it is probably worth investing in some ND filters.

advertisement

Back