advertisement

Olivia Newton John RIP

Still listening to Hopelessly after all these years with the same effect – tears and shivers.
I remember buying the double LP, one of my first (I was 14) at the local record shop. It was so expensive!

Absolutely defined the summer of '78 for me - remember Geldof and the band tearing up the pictures of the Grease stars on totp when it was all over? Rat Trap became the first New Wave no 1.

Absolutely defined the summer of '78 for me - remember Geldof and the band tearing up the pictures of the Grease stars on totp when it was all over? Rat Trap became the first New Wave no 1.

did they knock you're the one that i want off number 1?

She was the only person that I had a poster of on my bedroom wall when I was a teenager. The other posters were motorbikes.
I was hopelessly devoted to her and bought all her early albums.
RIP Olivia.

Sad news. She was far too young and seemed a lovely lady. Grease was an early music memory for me. A gang of us from school queued up to see it on the day of it's release. I still watch it occasionally if on TV.
RIP ONJ

Reading there about her Grandfather, Max Born, whose great granddaughter is Debbie McGee.

Max Born FRS, FRSE (German pronunciation: [ˈmaks ˈbɔɐ̯n] ( listen);[2][3] 11 December 1882 – 5 January 1970) was a Jewish physicist and mathematician who was instrumental in the development of quantum mechanics. He also made contributions to solid-state physics and optics and supervised the work of a number of notable physicists in the 1920s and 1930s. He fled Nazi Germany in 1933, thus avoiding almost certain death in the later Holocaust. Born won the 1954 Nobel Prize in Physicsfor his "fundamental research in quantum mechanics, especially in the statistical interpretation of the wave function".[4][

advertisement

Back