advertisement

Old large Yamaha speakers...

Ant

pfm Member
Today I visited a warehouse and I spotted a pair of rather large vintage looking Yamaha speakers sat high on top of a cabin, nobody knew who owned them and they were just there doing nothing in what from a distance looked mint albeit a bit dusty so I thought I'd come home, have a look for them on the web and if any good - make the long return trip and offer the guys some cash.

I took a photo on my phone which somehow disappeared so although not much help - here's a description....

They are around 3' tall, maybe a little more and 2' in width and around 1'6" deep covered front and sides (which I found interesting) with a light brown heavy diamond grille/fabric.

I know it's vague but does anyone have an idea what these Yamaha's may be? I was thinking there can't be too many with grille/cloth on both front and sides and was hoping this would narrow it down but as yet - no luck.

Thanks,
Ant

You mean like those Lecson affairs with the horn loading? They have 2 sides open, covered by cloth grilles.

I've had a browse for the Lecsons with no joy, I've been searching the web for a few hours now for Yamaha's but there's nothing like the ones I spotted.

Looking back through the phone photo's I spotted this:

yamaha.jpg

It's heavily cropped and probably of zero use but it shows the back, however, from this angle and distance the side looks solid but it isn't.

I'll keep searching.....

paulfromcamden - the covered sides are doing my head in.... 6 hours now and still no joy - google is not my friend.

ian r - Unless someone has put Yamaha badges on the grilles, I'm guessing they're original and not Lecsons.

Open sides suggests a cinema speaker. You may want to trawl the pro back catalogues.
Could well be OEM for Yamaha. These days Yamaha would probably want to sell you some NEXO speakers (and very good they are, too).

Open sides suggests a cinema speaker. You may want to trawl the pro back catalogues.
Could well be OEM for Yamaha. These days Yamaha would probably want to sell you some NEXO speakers (and very good they are, too).

Thinking Batman :)

I'll do just that, ta

It's a bit of a bugger that the said speakers share the Brand name with 2 wheels, searching 'vintage/old/drivers/60's/70's' etc gives a 1/100 ratio of audio related goodies.

advertisement

Back