advertisement

Okki Nokki RIP...now what?

Rockmeister

pfm Member
Two days back, I sort out 350 records, get me workline all set up, check the Ok Nok, and ok.
This am? It's dead. Checked power line/cord/fuse...all ok. Removed power socket and all well in there, but getting further in is impossible without damage (unless someone knows how)?

So. No power, no life.
It's about 10 yrs old ish and had a fair use.
Kill it with death? Sell for parts? send for repair (I'm fairly sure I wont be doing that...cost will be too great I guess).

I peeked at the thread on which RCM to use and would get another OkNok but do hate that they build it deliberately so that I can't self repair it. Bloody silly and annoying so

Project I guess.

Maybe if I buy a decent one, clean every LP I own and sell it on?

All thoughts, but esp on repair of the OkNok most welcomed.

Two days back, I sort out 350 records, get me workline all set up, check the Ok Nok, and ok.
This am? It's dead. Checked power line/cord/fuse...all ok. Removed power socket and all well in there, but getting further in is impossible without damage (unless someone knows how)?
Which model do you have? The Mk1, which is an ugly thing, lets you get into the bottom by unscrewing the torx screws. If you have a Mk2, then it looks like you can take the top plate off:
Okki-nokki-1.jpg

I just found a video on the tube on how to gut the O N so will dive inside and do some damage!
If not I like the look of the Humminguru, and less than £300 quid, fully auto is VERY tempting. I can do the record sleeves whilst it does the vinyl. Hmmmmm (sry).
Any humming users got words of caution?

Which model do you have? I have a Mk1, which is an ugly thing, but you can get into the bottom by unscrewing the torx screws. If you have a Mk2, then it looks like you can take the top plate off:
Okki-nokki-1.jpg
It's easier to get in through the bottom. 4 torx + 2 cross heads and the vent removed. Trouble is that bot top plate and bottom are sealed in (to help during the vacuuming) so I guess some marks will be inevitable. I can reseal it with silicone on re fitting I guess.

Well, a few marks might save me £300 so...marks r us.

Been in, cleaned up, checked power cord, fuses and every connection in sight, and all seems ok, but still not working. I’m not great beyond ‘shake it about a bit’ and so it’s repair or? I see the price and wonder if anyone wants a broken record cleaner for £25 + postage? :)

that was the one robs. I stripped it down, cleaned the sensor and the floats, checked all else i could and it remains stubbornly dead. The video is the MK1 I think and mine a MK 2? but anyway. beyond my skills. Admittedly scanty as they are:)

Cheers all. Robs, I don't but just remember a pal nearby who is a retired electrical engineer with one such, so he and I have agreed on Monday PM to explore the innards.
Yes it's all dead.
No the fuse in the lead is fine, as is the lead.

Can't see another fuse.
Everything looks shiny new in there in fact, tho some contacts look corroded, but seem soldered. Anyway. I'll report back after said exploration.

Perfect!

If the fuse is definitely OK, and there are no additional internal fuses, I'd start by checking the wiring at the mains socket and relay. From the photos it looks like the mains wiring goes straight to the relay. Then checking the switches are making contact OK and all connections tight. If neither motor nor pump are working it points in that direction..

If the relay needs replacing...this looks familiar (though it says 220V rather than 230V on the one in the photo and looks like it ships from China - there are many of the same on eBay too) -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T97VWC9/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

;)

Good luck!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Cheers all. Robs, I don't but just remember a pal nearby who is a retired electrical engineer with one such, so he and I have agreed on Monday PM to explore the innards.
Yes it's all dead.
No the fuse in the lead is fine, as is the lead.

Can't see another fuse.
Everything looks shiny new in there in fact, tho some contacts look corroded, but seem soldered. Anyway. I'll report back after said exploration.
It must be something simple, there’s not a lot going on electronically, it’s a couple switches and motors and a level sensor which triggers relay IIRC… issue may be there.

advertisement

Back