advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part XXII)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
americanpie.jpg

I don't have a Premium subscription to the Telegraph as I wouldn't spend money to support them. How interesting/annoying therefore to be intrigued by an article that suggests the DUP want Philip Hammond sacked for being divisive http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/14/dup-orders-theresa-may-rein-divisive-philip-hammond/ , yet also has an item suggesting that he is being called a traitor for only stating the obvious. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...raitor-stating-obvious-no-deal-will-disaster/ Hmmm ...... :rolleyes:

I don't have a Premium subscription to the Telegraph as I wouldn't spend money to support them. How interesting/annoying therefore to be intrigued by an article that suggests the DUP want Philip Hammond sacked for being divisive http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/14/dup-orders-theresa-may-rein-divisive-philip-hammond/ , yet also has an item suggesting that he is being called a traitor for only stating the obvious. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...raitor-stating-obvious-no-deal-will-disaster/ Hmmm ...... :rolleyes:

Those links are only available to Telegraph subscribers.

The full impact statements of Brexit (rather than Leave fantasies) should be published without delay. As should the full legal advice on A50.

This shower should never be allowed to play 'save the Tory party' with the UK's future.

Richard Tice was on Andrew Marr reviewing the papers this morning.

As far as I could tell, his message to the nation regarding Brexit was to "cheer up". And he urged Theresa May and her Cabinet to start "selling" the no-deal "story" to the rest of us.

He seemed like a "straight-up kinda guy".

As far as I could tell, his message to the nation regarding Brexit was to "cheer up". And he urged Theresa May and her Cabinet to start "selling" the no-deal "story" to the rest of us.

How is it that low level grifters and tax avoiders like Tice and Arian Banks can emerge from the woodwork and get themselves placed in the middle of political discourse, generously helped by the BBC?

Yes. Like most Leave commentators his message was ignore the facts and cheer up, we just need to be positive. I suspect businesses are suitably reassured.

The full impact statements of Brexit (rather than Leave fantasies) should be published without delay. As should the full legal advice on A50.

This shower should never be allowed to play 'save the Tory party' with the UK's future.

This is why we’re taking David Davis to court over Brexit - the Brexit Secretary and the Treasury have repeatedly refused to release vital studies into the economic effects of Brexit into the public domain – so we're taking action

I hope this goes all the way.

Tice uses the platform he's given to serially repeat the same Brexit slogans. He can't or doesn't want to enter a debate- that's not his job, he's there to evangelise. This lot know they have a race against time before the big lie is exposed- they need to get the job done.

This is the material that should have been placed before the electorate before the referendum, instead we had the big red bus, ten million Turks emigrating to Britain and Conservative ministers telling the public it doesn't hurt when you jump off a cliff.

not sure if this has been cited earlier but this is an honest account of how a Dutchman living in UK, 'learnt to loathe England'

Nail on the head-
Why would you allow a handful of billionaires to poison your national conversation with disinformation—either directly through the tabloids they own, or indirectly, by using those newspapers to intimidate the public broadcaster?

Why would you allow them to use their papers to build up and co-opt politicians peddling those lies? Why would you let them get away with this stuff about “foreign judges” and the need to “take back control” when Britain’s own public opinion is routinely manipulated by five or six unaccountable rich white men, themselves either foreigners or foreign-domiciled?

Would making these 57 studies about UK public strengthen UK's negotiating position ? Secondly, do these 57 studies exist ? My impression is that UK has been doing very little regarding Brexit.

The hopeless incompetent Chris Grayling assured us this morning that "Britain will succeed whatever happens".

The end.

That's it.

Worry not.

Britain will succeed whatever happens.

So while the doomsayers may have added nuclear scientists to their ranks, on the enemy, ooops, I mean the on other side we have John Redwood, Boris Johnson and Chris Grayling who assure us that nothing can go wrong. Brexit going wrong is essentially impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back