advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+5)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a few people don't get satire....

That being said I like the idea of a Hard Remain. It would be excellent to give full control of the UK to Brussels. They'd do a much better job of it than the clowns in the UK government.

What bollocks. Remain is the status quo. No ambiguity there, unlike the leave ejaculate.

You're dreaming the technicolour remain fantasy. There is no status quo. What was is gone. There is no going back to where we were, because where we were isn't there any more. It is just as impossible to turn the clock back to, 2016 or 2012 as it is to 1957. The EU is hovering on the brink of an existential crisis, of which Brexit is but one facet.

Look in old graveyards, plenty of people made into their 70s. The survival of the headstones depends on the wealth of the occupant, so if you were male, had money and survived childhood you had a good chance.

So you are saying that by and large you only see the headstones of those that were male and wealthy. So how many more people died young, probably female, and poor, who don't have headstones?

For all of its many shortcomings, I think that on balance I would sooner be taking my very much enhanced chances in the now than the then, even though I do have a good set of gnashers.

Until you caught something...
42953010035_0d9fcf3171_c.jpg

He had told us that the deal would be the 'easiest in human history', but now Liam Fox is saying we're more than likely heading for no deal.

It's all the EU's fault that he was wrong, of course. Nothing to do with Liam.

Dj0TRPlXoAAiXRO.jpg

So you are saying that by and large you only see the headstones of those that were male and wealthy. So how many more people died young, probably female, and poor, who don't have headstones?
Exactly, Moggs class. Women were lucky to survive each childbirth to reach menopause

He had told us that the deal would be the 'easiest in human history', but now Liam Fox is saying we're more than likely heading for no deal.

It's all the EU's fault that he was wrong, of course. Nothing to do with Liam.

Dj0TRPlXoAAiXRO.jpg

Fox may be all sorts of things, but he is right on EC intransigence. The trouble is that it was always going to be thus. Amongst the many things that history can tell us, one is that the EC will always place The Project over the economy - jobs, businesses and livelihoods - where the two don't align.

The government should have known this, of course, and undoubtedly did. But they are incompetent. Their incompetence even seems to extend to failing in what has clearly always been their objective - Brexit in name only. At the moment we have a choice between Chequers (BRINO) and WTO, and the EC isn't going to swallow Chequers.

Fox may be all sorts of things, but he is right on EC intransigence.

Common theme of yours, it's nothing of the kind of course. To leave an organisation you belong to and benefit from, then blame the organisation for not being what you would prefer it to be, would be almost childishly naive if it didn't have backers more interested in sinister motives. The 'project' is the benefit of the members, it would be a very strange organisation that sopped to outsiders ahead of it's members.

The tantrums of the UK over the years have probably worn thin any sympathy we might have had in a quest for change. Our response has never been to forge alliances, persuade and co-operate with other members. The UK has always petulantly demanded special treatment - which worked up to a point, but now that bluff is being called, your response is to blame them because it suits your agenda.

It is at least funny to hear someone as intransigent as you calling out others on it. Those losing jobs and experiencing reduced public services will crack a rib at that too no doubt.

Yes it’s become obvious now just how much Barnier and the EC have stitched things up. Fox really nails it in his article.

It’s so unjust and surreal how the EC bureaucrats lord it over the heads of government in the other 27 EU countries. The latter so obviously blind to what is going on, and so brainwashed by the EC to not see the logic of giving the UK govt a deal on its terms. Instead, I heard that one of those EU heads of government was quoted as saying something to the effect of ‘when they were in, the UK wanted a load of opt outs, now they want out with a load of opt ins’. Clear evidence of indoctrination by the EC(!?).

** (see Edit) Bob Dylan satirically sang ’a great man once said you can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time etc’. Just wondering if we’re seeing ‘you can fool most of the people most of the time’.

Cheers

**Edit - Sorry, my memory completely failed me on this. Dylan sang in ‘Talkin World War Three Blues’ : “Half of the people can be part right all of the time, Some of the people can be all right part of the time, But all of the people can’t be right all of the time“. This parodying Abraham Lincoln’s "You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time”. Not much I can say about my faux pas - maybe the sentiment I was trying to convey came through despite it - maybe not. Too late to worry about it!!

Last edited:
Fox may be all sorts of things, but he is right on EC intransigence. The trouble is that it was always going to be thus. Amongst the many things that history can tell us, one is that the EC will always place The Project over the economy - jobs, businesses and livelihoods - where the two don't align.

The government should have known this, of course, and undoubtedly did. But they are incompetent. Their incompetence even seems to extend to failing in what has clearly always been their objective - Brexit in name only. At the moment we have a choice between Chequers (BRINO) and WTO, and the EC isn't going to swallow Chequers.
Quelle surprise, non?

Fox may be all sorts of things, but he is right, or is he wrong?
WTF is he?

sub-buzz-14979-1504697015-5.jpg

...that'll be wrong then.

(Oh, if only we'd had a plan or a smidgeon of foresight or read the fvcking rules for leaving the EU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back