advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+4)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That this man ever got the gig. Un-freaking-believable.

“We’ve got a pretty good idea of what the economic interests are of every single member state … Germany, Austria, Holland and Czechoslovakia are all without governments at the moment so this is not top of their tree."

DhpUY0iX0AAPq-Y.jpg
He got the gig on the basis that he broke it so he can fix it. I hope the experience was extremely unpleasant for him. Bojo is trying to write his resignation letter as we speak but he can't find his pencil sharpener.

DD was asked on R4 if he’d stand against May now in a contest! Could you imagine the national consequences if the Tories put him into No.10? It does not bear thinking about. We haven’t hit the bottom yet.

Delicious tweet from Sun hack-

EU diplomat jokes DD delayed his resignation because he didn't want to take a taxi back from Chequers. Then brutally adds: 'We're already used to negotiating with Olly Robbins, so this resignation doesn't really affect the negotiations.' Ouch

10:00 AM - Jul 9, 2018

Meanwhile, the move to the exit door continues.

https://amp.theguardian.com/busines...ld-see-dutch-electronics-firm-philips-quit-uk

"“At the moment, we are considering all scenarios, including one in which there is a so-called ‘hard Brexit’,” said Philips spokesman Steve Klink. “In that case, it could include the departure of our manufacturing for export.”

But Van Houten said: “Philips remains absolutely committed to its current and prospective future customers in the country” including hospitals."

IOW, as a country, the UKs economic policy is a road crash but so long as you have it, we will continue taking your money.

Suellen Braverman quick reverse ferret detected. Looks like she’s staying put. That’s good news- I’d never heard of her until her utterly hopeless performance on QT. Thick as a brick, she can do lots of internal damage if she stays.

Well you have bought in to the Brexiteers ‘it won’t be as bad as people think’ rhetoric.

Stephen
No. I've looked at the evidence and concluded that it won't be the "economic meltdown" many passionate Remainers keep predicting - this will only undermine their intellectual credibility when the reality turns out to be merely somewhat worse than it would have been. I have always maintained the impact will be negative and criticicised Leavers for pretending otherwise.

No. I've looked at the evidence and concluded that it won't be the "economic meltdown" many passionate Remainers keep predicting - this will only undermine their intellectual credibility when the reality turns out to be merely somewhat worse than it would have been. I have always maintained the impact will be negative and criticicised Leavers for pretending otherwise.

Try selling that to the people who are about to lose their jobs in the “somewhat very much worse” Brexit hotspots. Aaron Banks, Mogg’s clients and other insiders are going to make a killing off of their backs.

The Torygraph informing us that the new Brexit Secretary has a black belt in Karate. That might come in useful. Bit like DD's SAS credentials.

You, and I assume Labour in general, are being very blasé with vast swathes of UK jobs. I expect nothing more from the hard-right Tory free-marketeers etc, though find it disappointing that those on the left would stoop so low just to defend a leader with a Brexit policy so clearly out of step with his electorate. Labour should be fighting for jobs, a stable economy etc. They should be standing firmly against the one thing that will almost inevitably send the nation into another deep recession before we have even really recovered from the last one.

The economic meltdown scenario applies if we crash out without a deal. Which is becoming increasingly possible the way this incompetent and deluded government is currently collapsing around our ears.

Tony, Dec, we have a fundamental point of disagreement. I believe (after some soul-searching) that the referendum vote ought to be honoured; you don't.

Most of my recent posts have focused on the claim that Brexit "will almost inevitably send the nation into another deep recession", which is one of the arguments you use to justify overturning the vote. I've looked at the evidence and I don't see how that claim can be justified.

Being 97% as well off as we would have been had we stayed in the EU does not qualify as economic meltdown in my book and (simply put) I would rather have a Labour government with £97 to play with than a Tory government with £100.

Raaab has consistently voted to cut welfare and reduce taxes on the wealthy. He is a stealth NHS privatiser and for the first generation son of East European immigrants to the U.K, unusually keen on stopping anyone else getting over the drawbridge he is intent on building- he’s voted to withdraw the right to remain for EU nationals.
So, Labour supporters- get behind Raaab to make Brexit a success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back