advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+3)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Channel 4 News reporting now on the notion of a united Ireland in the case of a "hard Brexit" gathering pace in Ulster.
Well done Brexiteers, Scottish Indyref II imminent?
And that high level talks are going on between Unionists and Dublin, according the former president of the Ulster Farmers Union and other ‘senior figures’. Tell you what- money talks. Looks like the border won’t be in the Irish Sea or between north and south. Thus endeth the “United Kingdom”.

133105d1525982630-brexit-referendum-thread-potential-consequences-gb-eu-brits-ch-brexitspecs.jpg

He used to be my MP in Buckingham - a bit of a tit really, but he does get up the Tories' collective noses, despite being a Tory

You can't win the argument, so you cheat ...

PM set to nominate 10 Tory peers in attempt to overcome Brexit defeats.

I was hoping one of the good things about Brexit would be the abolition of the Lords.

I suspect leavers will suddenly regain their faith if May gets her way.

Stephen

May doesn’t seem to be a great believer in democracy. Legal opinion here why this might be unconstitutional: https://mobile.twitter.com/GeorgePeretzQC/status/948272984879484928

“35. So, I would suggest, the appointment of new peers solely to railroad through legislation without resorting to the Parliament Acts could not just be contrary to convention but be unlawful and subject to legal challenge.”

With this, the NI border question and the Scottish Parliament’s recent vote, it looks like we’re heading for a full-blown constitutional crisis.

Have any of the Brexit defeats in HoL been by less than 10 votes? I thought they were all much higher majorities than that. Therefore Mays attempt to rort the system will fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back