advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+3)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus what's all this about the "DTI"? The DTI hasn't existed since 2007.
Lol, go and speak to people that have been working there since I started there and ask them what they call it. BERR, DIT and BIS have never caught one.

And so what anyway?

I think you have just, by the example you seem so proud to reference above, just how unsuited you were to whatever position you held.
Very, very true. But I was liked by the companies. And sharper than enough of them. So I held my ground. A bigger pot of piss-poor talent I never worked alongside before or after. So in that sense I was suited.

Very, very true. But I was liked by the companies. And sharper than enough of them. So I held my ground. A bigger pot of piss-poor talent I never worked alongside before or after. So in that sense I was suited.

So why did you leave ? You would have top dog by now surely.

So why did you leave ? You would have top dog by now surely.
I am not sure I am the cream either....but as Cav said I just was not suited to it. I couldn't stand commitment to targets, protocol, doing stuff to make the place look more needed than it is. The waste was also awe-inspiring. All the departments would spend their money on garbage projects at the end of the year to make sure they got at least as much again the following year from the Treasury. We'd do mini research projects that noone wanted. They'd send me on a flight to Glasgow to interview a company about a 500 quid grant, based on the idea that the advice we give in the meetings and data we capture was priceless. One guy was not doing his job at all, complete tosser, box-ticker extraordinaire and the manager managed to lose him via redundancy. 1 year later he had to give him his job back when the budget came back because they had to readvertise the job in the public media by law. One manager was on £80k per year for 10 years, off sick on depression.

After 2 years I realised it was a joke and handed my notice in but then there was a bun in the oven, so I asked to cancel it. It was so easy and so well paid for what I did, I just kept doing it. All adding to my anti-establishment, cynical view probably. Should have just run after 2 years.

So we're taking back control of our trade policy from Brussels bureaucrats... and handing it over to Liam Fox and David Davis and civil servants like richgilb.

Economic collapse by Xmas 2019? I'd have thought so.

Yes....but...the BBC is placing these seemingly benign and appealing companies in the documentary, all of whom say we can't get the staff, That leaves a bit of a question mark.
Weatherspoons?? Aren't they well known for zero hours? The Jeremy HHHHHunt show, hasn't that imposed a wage cut on it's staff for the last 8 yrs, as well as changing contracts, reducing job grades, enforcing overtime, reducing higher grades and spreading work among grades below? This is Tory Britain but let's blame the EU while we get our sovereignty back.

So we're taking back control of our trade policy from Brussels bureaucrats... and handing it over to Liam Fox and David Davis and civil servants like richgilb.

Economic collapse by Xmas 2019? I'd have thought so.
They're not like me, though. I did not really fit in at all. But the insult you sling is a worry in the sense that there was noone there of higher calibre than me. It seemed to get more gloopy and pedestrian the further up the tree you went.

The first thing I'd do is get rid of most of the DTI and all its ineffective regional stuff.

Then I'd probably hand it over to people of your calibre and associated PFM experts.

Weatherspoons?? Aren't they well known for zero hours? The Jeremy HHHHHunt show, hasn't that imposed a wage cut on it's staff for the last 8 yrs, as well as changing contracts, reducing job grades, enforcing overtime, reducing higher grades and spreading work among grades below? This is Tory Britain but let's blame the EU while we get our sovereignty back.
I did differentiate and say token Brexiteer Wetherspoons somewhere.

Post 1554!

Well, I was surprised it took him so long to realise his error, losing £250m on day one after the vote should've given him a clue, perhaps he couldn't hear it through the sub-Branson hair.
But NO, it was your claim that Weatherspoons were benign and appealing, perhaps I just didn't get the irony, sorry.

Sorry, I did slip up that Wetherspoons were in the show etc. I did, as I said, mention them in a different light later on.

Personally, I had doubts before the bus thing, only a couple of hours after the result. Upon Cameron's resignation, actually. I then realised we had a massive clusterfvk of bickering, backstabbing and Tory self-serving crap ahead of us.

I am not sure I am the cream either....but as Cav said I just was not suited to it. I couldn't stand commitment to targets, protocol, doing stuff to make the place look more needed than it is. The waste was also awe-inspiring. All the departments would spend their money on garbage projects at the end of the year to make sure they got at least as much again the following year from the Treasury. We'd do mini research projects that noone wanted. They'd send me on a flight to Glasgow to interview a company about a 500 quid grant, based on the idea that the advice we give in the meetings and data we capture was priceless. One guy was not doing his job at all, complete tosser, box-ticker extraordinaire and the manager managed to lose him via redundancy. 1 year later he had to give him his job back when the budget came back because they had to readvertise the job in the public media by law. One manager was on £80k per year for 10 years, off sick on depression.

After 2 years I realised it was a joke and handed my notice in but then there was a bun in the oven, so I asked to cancel it. It was so easy and so well paid for what I did, I just kept doing it. All adding to my anti-establishment, cynical view probably. Should have just run after 2 years.
I get all that. I get that in top businesses and institutions there is incompetence and laziness rewarded with privilege and wealth

But I don't get how that is a specifically EU problem, or how leaving the EU will do anything to ameliorate it.

Agreed,they do look like a weird mix of vultures, cadavers and condemned.
7516851d627aa87b7d1567ee2e4164c7.gif

I get all that. I get that in top businesses and institutions there is incompetence and laziness rewarded with privilege and wealth

But I don't get how that is a specifically EU problem, or how leaving the EU will do anything to ameliorate it.
It's not...I'm wandering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back