1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+3)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Nick_G, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wacko

wacko pfm Member

OK it was too obtuse for you. So now you got the point have you got a reply ?

2. wacko

wacko pfm Member

And there in a nutshell is the case for Brexit.

3. Dave***t

Dave***t pfm Member

Oh, that would be my post then. I actually just thought some quick figures from real sources might help the debate vs confessedly patchy memories of what Boris had said, and couldn't be bothered to engage further because it was about 2am and I was off to bed.

I struggle to see how that makes me or my post arrogant, but as you will.

4. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Number 9 sounds like a right bargain. I wonder if Boris will be pimping out T May by then?

Jack

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  5. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

And now we've found out that Johnson and Gove faked our CV, and Davis and Fox haven't even lined up a single interview.

Oh, and US protectionism is now signed in ink:

[​IMG]

6. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I’m looking forward to Fox coming back from Washington waving a piece of paper, proclaiming “peace in our time”- a $30m order for Port Talbot steel. Only to have Trump cancel by tweet later that night while in bed.

7. tuga

tuga European

I thought he only tweeted from the toilet...

8. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

Latest Panorama does a good job of knocking the immigration argument for Brexit squarely on the head. Just watch the first 3 minutes when Nick Robinson poses a few questions to punters in Mansfield. Even that ejit who runs Wetherspoons is having second thoughts.

HairyHaggis likes this.
  9. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

10. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

It's infinitely preferable to reading your arrogant and ill informed drivel.

11. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis <((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>¸.

"Well coming up with crap analogies about leaving your job hardly elevates the conversation to your superior intellect, does it?"
    lol

"It's infinitely preferable to reading your arrogant and ill informed drivel."
    lolz

ladies, you'll crinkle your blouses
    megalolz

HarryB likes this.
  12. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

When you look at what China is doing with the the Belt and Road Initiative, you realise that future survival is going to be as part of a large bloc that can stand up to China, India and the USA. Small fry will be walked over.

Most of the countries where China is 'investing' will end up as military bases when they can't service the debt.

Britain wants closer cooperation with China over its landmark Belt and Road infrastructure scheme

Pakistan and Sri Lanka probably also thought it was 'closer cooperation' too.

Sri Lanka, Struggling With Debt, Hands a Major Port to China

Stephen

13. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis <((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>¸.

on the immigration target: professor john potts, at 16.15, "apart from the prime minister, it's quite hard to find anyone who thinks that the target, as it currently operates, is a useful contribution to policy...or can be met "

once again, it's mainly the old and the hard of thinking that are pulling up the ladder and driving us to ruin

14. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

More power to this lot, as we're all being failed miserably by those that should know better.

15. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Why? It's an analogy.

You, describing someone as arrogant is just ridiculous.

16. markvdv

markvdv pfm Member

17. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

Behind a paywall...

18. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

"A devastating assessment of the government’s Brexit trade strategy of “rejecting a three-course meal for a packet of crisps”. Full text of Martin Donnelly’s speech to Kings College last week, exclusively on openDemocracy." https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/ma...o-much-skilled-negotiating-team-as-fairy-godm

The short version is we're heading for "significant damage to employment, the structure of the economy and the competitiveness of UK firms."

19. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Lol, he was my boss in 2016, not that I ever met him.....the DTI is not a great source of info. Admittedly he is no longer there, but he was for a time. I know his type. The data we gathered was poor and our objectives were self-serving. I was in the export department too, as research adviser....close to it all!

20. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Unfortunately, we mainly gathered info to protect our jobs, which always seemed under threat through both Labour and Conservative days. I used to have to present periodically why exports were like this or SMEs were like that. The SMEs hated how other EU government export departments basically ignored all the de Minimus laws whilst DTI were quite strict on them...ie EU companies got business development grants, UK companies did not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.