advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+25)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a crack shot with a rifle. Full bore target shooting mainly, but I've hunted wild boar too. I'd be interested in a bit of sniping, if that's ok. I've got all the kit.

Gammon hunting will be a much sought after skill.

Is Brexit a necessary Detox for the English colon ? Not pleasant, but eventually gets rid of some of the racism and petty nationalism stuck in there for too long.

I am hoping for that, although I fear the right wing are busy polishing the slogan “stab in the back”, ready for when things go pear shaped.

I have no idea. Not at all confident that the EU will last for another ten years.
Considering this, even if it turns out you were right, the fall of the EU would leave a void. It is inconceivable that nothing would emerge to replace it, surely?

And if it did, you might hope that the Phoenix rising from the ashes could be modelled so as to learn from some of the mistakes of its predecessor.

In which case, surely the UK would be well placed to take a leading role in the rebirth. But only if we were still a member. If we’re out, it will fall to Germany, France and probably the Netherlands to lay the plans. What’s the betting it’d be more likely to succeed, helped by a good dose of UK pragmatism and sense?

helped by a good dose of UK pragmatism and sense?

i sincerely hope your tongue was firmly in one of your cheeks when you typed that one...
laugh.gif

Theres something bleak about that little staged photograph on a set, flag in the background the way trump always has them as a prop. Steven is a bit of a conviction-free windsock who’s voted against his very own government motion he’s put before the house, so who knows how much credence you can give to his (small) ballsy take back control statement. He probably thinks that picture will be viewed in fifty years time as a document of a great historical turning point when it’s just a tawdry little propaganda shot, like some minor Gauleiter signing a confiscation order.
vi

a Imgflip Meme Generator

Ah, Land Of Hope And Glory on the Dansette in the Travel Lodge?

On a separate note I notice that saving face is all that is left now for our pfm 'leavers'. Pathetic, I'm not the slightest interested in being 'right', indeed if this no-deal thing happens I really hope I'm wrong and it all goes well.

Considering this, even if it turns out you were right, the fall of the EU would leave a void. It is inconceivable that nothing would emerge to replace it, surely?

And if it did, you might hope that the Phoenix rising from the ashes could be modelled so as to learn from some of the mistakes of its predecessor.

In which case, surely the UK would be well placed to take a leading role in the rebirth. But only if we were still a member. If we’re out, it will fall to Germany, France and probably the Netherlands to lay the plans. What’s the betting it’d be more likely to succeed, helped by a good dose of UK pragmatism and sense?

Hard to disagree with this. Who knows. But maybe it needs some schöpferische zerstörung to set the ball rolling.

Hard to disagree with this. Who knows. But maybe it needs some schöpferische zerstörung to set the ball rolling.
Would that be a planned "schöpferische zerstörung"?
Those who share your chosen path have previous when it comes to planning y'know...

So despite having the worst state pension in Europe Ian Duncan Twat wants to raise the age you get it to 75 over the next 16 years.

Remember that this is what the government expects to happen within a few weeks.

"Troops and curfews among options to halt protests after no-deal Brexit
Britain should be braced for a spate of violent protests and counter-protests this autumn if the UK crashes out of the EU, according to the government’s preparations … there “may also be a rise in public disorder and community tensions”." https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ublic-disorder-after-no-deal-brexit-xpxv5bmrj

Remember that this is what the government expects to happen within a few weeks.

"Troops and curfews among options to halt protests after no-deal Brexit
Britain should be braced for a spate of violent protests and counter-protests this autumn if the UK crashes out of the EU, according to the government’s preparations … there “may also be a rise in public disorder and community tensions”." https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ublic-disorder-after-no-deal-brexit-xpxv5bmrj
Project fear! The snowflakes won’t show their faces a second time once we’ve kicked them in. Job done.

I'm not the slightest interested in being 'right', indeed if this no-deal thing happens I really hope I'm wrong and it all goes well.

Agreed 1000%. I'd personally prefer the UK to remain in the EU, but I desperately hope that a no-deal will be OK, if it comes to that. Especially in relation to Ireland (both bits) - it has the potential to wreck the Good Friday Agreement. I can imagine the guns coming out again - there are enough fanatical lunatics on both sides to make it happen, and it only takes a few. At its height, the IRA had only a few hundred active service volunteers, and they succeeded in making a big mess.

Especially in relation to Ireland (both bits) - it has the potential to wreck the Good Friday Agreement. I can imagine the guns coming out again - there are enough fanatical lunatics on both sides to make it happen, and it only takes a few. At its height, the IRA had only a few hundred active service volunteers, and they succeeded in making a big mess.

As most of us on the remain side predicted tensions appear to be rising, there was a bomb plot earlier today (BBC). I would bet money on any Tory ‘hard-Brexit’ taking us back to the ‘70s and ‘80s with attacks spreading England as well as Northern Ireland. This government is as reckless as it is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back