advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+19)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee T

pfm Member
Which makes it difficult to get on side with your assertions, based on little more than anecdote and conjecture.
This is true but after the vote there was plenty to suggest that a good percentage voted this way, many of the shows that dealt with the result touched on the reasons & this reason was always at the forefront of discussion. It was also my experience at the time when speaking to people so I feel it cannot be ignored or put to the back of the pile when you consider over 17 million people voted. It has always been the overriding reason for me why leave won, without this section I always felt remain would have sailed through. So quite an important aspect if this is the case.

The unknown now is, will there be another protest vote come another ref. For me it depends on who is in power. If the Tories are still handing out punishment to the poor, don't be too surprised if we have a similar result.

Lot's here regarding voting statistics though have to say, you have missed the point, the amount is not the issue, the reasoning behind it is the issue & why many seem oblivious to it. The proof of which is on every Brexit thread in the country, after 3 years, staggering really.

Anyway, have fun
https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2016...wake-up-call-in-the-fight-against-inequality/
Perhaps you could actually read this article yourself instead of the usual trolling. In years to come you'll deny knowledge of posting it. If you were to read it then those years would be minutes so your post is quoted here for evidence.
I assume you simple googled "protest Brexit" and this was just one article that came up.
The word "protest" appears in the article three times. Once in the title. Once in the synopsis. And once, just once, in the main body does the word appear. The article is about socio-economic backgrounds and the title does not reflect the content. Lazy as usual, trolling as usual.
Brexit is about racism primarily, sovereignty secondarily and all others are far behind.

This is true but after the vote there was plenty to suggest that a good percentage voted this way, many of the shows that dealt with the result touched on the reasons & this reason was always at the forefront of discussion. It was also my experience at the time when speaking to people so I feel it cannot be ignored or put to the back of the pile when you consider over 17 million people voted. It has always been the overriding reason for me why leave won, without this section I always felt remain would have sailed through. So quite an important aspect if this is the case.
Utter bollocks. Delusional as Mad Mrs May.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld199798/ldjudgmt/jd970521/mann04.htm

Hankey v Clavering

I pass on to a second explanation which also seems to me inadequate. Lord Greene M.R. said at pp. 329-330, that because such notices have unilateral operation, the conditions under which they may be served must be strictly complied with. I have already said that this principle is accepted on both sides. But, as an explanation of the method of construction used in Hankey v. Clavering, it begs the question. If the clause had said that the notice had to be on blue paper, it would have been no good serving a notice on pink paper, however clear it might have been that the tenant wanted to terminate the lease. But the condition in clause 7(13) related solely to the meaning which the notice had to communicate to the landlord. If compliance had to be judged by applying the ordinary techniques for interpreting communications, there was strict compliance. The notice clearly and unambiguously communicated the required message. To say that compliance must be strict does not explain why some other technique of interpretation is being used or what it is.

Let's hope that means anything in Lyon.

Somehow I don't think so.

The unknown now is, will there be another protest vote come another ref. For me it depends on who is in power. If the Tories are still handing out punishment to the poor, don't be too surprised if we have a similar result.
You’ve gone from speaking for the mythical community to speaking for the entirety of the Brexit vote. Quite a feat of imagination.

Perhaps you could actually read this article yourself instead of the usual trolling. In years to come you'll deny knowledge of posting it. If you were to read it then those years would be minutes so your post is quoted here for evidence.
I assume you simple googled "protest Brexit" and this was just one article that came up.
The word "protest" appears in the article three times. Once in the title. Once in the synopsis. And once, just once, in the main body does the word appear. The article is about socio-economic backgrounds and the title does not reflect the content. Lazy as usual, trolling as usual.
Brexit is about racism primarily, sovereignty secondarily and all others are far behind.
You need to get past this trolling nonsense once & for all, I responded to a post by Steve, we have both moved on in conversation from it.
Maybe read past my posts & stop behaving like a bloody child.

You’ve gone from speaking for the mythical community to speaking for the entirety of the Brexit vote. Quite a feat of imagination.

What do you mean by mythical community? Which community are you referring to?
As I said, if you took time to read the posts, I was referring to those who protested against austerity & Cameron.

You need to start putting the work in before responding.

Beckett narrowly defeated, which is a real shame as that would have put real teeth to the Letwin amendment. Just three votes in it!

From the BBC website...

The prime minister said she was "sceptical" about the process, known as "indicative" votes, and would not commit the government to abiding by the MPs' decision.

Gudio Fawkes - a man ahead of his time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back