advertisement

Official Tour De France 2018 Thread

andrew d

pfm Member
Well, it's off in the morning. Who will triumph? Who'll start off in yellow? Will it be Christopher Froome or will his only experience of yellow be the pots of pee thrown in the high mountains?
Vitamin D manufacturers rejoice! Heatwave or no heatwave, tdf, World Cup & Wimbledon mean that millions might be defeated by the front door.
Available on ITV4 & Eurosport in the UK.

Cav for the first Yellow.

Series link set and this houses favourite (based on numbers of people interested) sporting event.

I have to say.. I would rather watch a stage of the Tour than watch England in the World Girly Ball Final.

July.. my favourite month of the year.

I expect Froome to win the TdF, partly due to him, and partly due to having a very strong team - however, I won't be surprised if he gets taken out by some nutter in the moutains.

He has already taken himself out on the first stage with a crash that has left him a minute behind .
Mr calamity no 2 Richie Porte also did something similar , along with Gareth Thomas these 3 do have a lot of crashes !

I shall mostly be enjoying ukcyclingexpert on Twitter for the next 3 weeks.

Ps, cav is a spent force

What a stage finale.
Too far fetched to be reality :)

What Froome says to TV may not be what he says to team mates in private (about the end of the stage)

Team time trial has put most key GC riders closer together after the crash fest first two days. Only Quintana still in a poor position. Monster turn by Dumoulin putting him in a very good place. Geraint (not Gareth) Thomas in a strong position in case Froome isn't on it this year.

Cav's record gives an indication of where he is on the career curve;
TDF stage wins; 2008 4 2009 6 2010 5 2011 5 2012 3 2013 2 2014 0 2015 1 2016 4 2017 0

Team time trial has put most key GC riders closer together after the crash fest first two days. Only Quintana still in a poor position. Monster turn by Dumoulin putting him in a very good place. Geraint (not Gareth) Thomas in a strong position in case Froome isn't on it this year.

Interesting to see if Froome is on it this year. I wonder if it will be the same stuff he was on last year.

How many times has he fallen off the bike so far?

He's definitely not miserable. He's a top bloke. Doesn't suffer fools gladly.

He seemed to be complaining about his bike after the 1st stage, which is strange. I don't remember ever hearing about a rider complaining about his bike in the past.

Annoyingly I just realised that stage 6 passes through Rostrenen and Plouguernevel and my gaffe is less than a quarter of a mile from that road.

If I were there I could have walked to it in 10 minutes.

But I’m not.

advertisement

Back