Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Official President Biden Thread

Discussion in 'off topic' started by ErikL, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

I had a piece of string tying my mittens together when I was a child, looped through the arms of my coat. I waved to a friend across the street once and punched myself on the nose with my other hand.

These days I hold myself together with pieces of elastic. They don’t stop me from getting lost, though - usually between the stairs and the kitchen.

PhilofCas, vince rocker and TimF like this.
  2. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

ErikL and PsB like this.
  3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It is utterly pathetic. 100% Britain First/UKIP revisionist WWII gammon wet dream fantasy. Sadly this is what alt-right ethnic nationalism is. Just another sad episode in the same series that saw Nigel Farage Hitlering in the EU parliament. We have a very, very long way to go before the Trump/Tea Party/Q-Anon culture is removed from here.

gavreid and droodzilla like this.
  4. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

The supreme irony being that Churchill would view the likes of Farage, Trump, Johnson, Gove, Cummings, etc with utter contempt. It's the same sort of toxic nationalism that ultimately led to the very regime that Churchill fought against!

Dozey likes this.
  5. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

I mean you can literally see Sopel laughing here, although such nonsense is about what I would expect from the mouth breathing idiot Bastani.

6. matt j

matt j pfm Member

You can see the embarrassment in his face whilst asking it, I wouldn't mind betting he was put up to asking it.

Tim Jones likes this.
  7. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

I doubt it. Churchill was a racist **** to the very bowels of his soul...

LostAtSea and Enfield boy like this.
  8. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

The way he's showing up everywhere he may be a tribble.

9. DonQuixote99

DonQuixote99 pfm Member

To the bowels of his aristocratic soul. I'm sure he'd feel the racist right to be utterly beneath him.

10. mykel

mykel Fat guy flying.

11. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

That's true.

12. tones

tones Tones deaf

13. ErikL

ErikL pfm Member

14. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

That's only half the problem. Here in Boston the existing doses are being rolled out very very slowly, with many of the hospitals vaccinating all of their workers, including billing staff, management, and those who work from home. I don't think any of the general public have yet been vaccinated - only healthcare, first responders, care homes, prisons and homeless shelters.

15. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Our 65+ pilot program in Minnesota started this past week. I heard there were 200,000+ reservations for about 6000 slots!

It sounds like the single dose J&J vaccine could get approved in the next couple of weeks, so that should help.

sean99 likes this.
  16. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

75+ should start in a couple of weeks and 65+ not until late March in Mass.

17. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

I'll be turning 65 in July, I don't imagine the under-65s will be scheduled before then anyway.

18. ErikL

ErikL pfm Member

From Trump's "Who's on first, what's on second, etc." COVID-19 vaccine plan to Biden's "wartime effort:"

US boosting vaccine deliveries amid complaints of shortages

PS- My mom's 67 year old friend called her Office of Aging (Upstate NY county) two weeks ago and she had her first shot last week. Down in LA, my friend's parents went to Dodger Stadium last Thursday and both of them got the first shot as well. All three of them are retired. My mom, 73 years old, is on the waiting list for her different NY county.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  19. ErikL

ErikL pfm Member

Small update: My mom's NYS drive-thru appointment is the first week of March. Still on her county waiting list.

20. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

I am in "Group 6" of 9 apparently and am projected to get mine around end of April.

lordsummit likes this.