advertisement

Official President Biden Thread

I feel like a right boomer, but I click that link and there is one possible meme about bernie of him in a chess set up then totally random tweets some serious some not about just about everything in the world.

What am I doing wrong with twitter?

My link was just to the Queen's Gambit one, which is my favourite. Normally I would embed the tweet in the post but AFAICT you cannot do that on PFM.

If you want to see more there is a hashtag here : https://twitter.com/search?q=#Berniememes

Tabloid shock headline! Of course Biden would not actually be impeached unless the majority of the House of Representatives voted to do so. Marjorie Taylor Green's is not entitled to a floor vote on any silly motion she ventures to make, and this one will never see the light of day.

I'm afraid the Democrats opened the door wide open on what silly and trivial things for which a president can be impeached.

TMW2021-01-20color.png

Joe

Tabloid shock headline! Of course Biden would not actually be impeached unless the majority of the House of Representatives voted to do so. Marjorie Taylor Green's is not entitled to a floor vote on any silly motion she ventures to make, and this one will never see the light of day.

I haven't read all of her articles of impeachment, but what I have read refers to what Biden did as VP over four years ago.

I may be wrong, but I think a POTUS can only be impeached on the basis of things done while in Presidential office. Not privately, prior to taking office, nor while in any other office.

I haven't read all of her articles of impeachment, but what I have read refers to what Biden did as VP over four years ago.

I may be wrong, but I think a POTUS can only be impeached on the basis of things done while in Presidential office. Not privately, prior to taking office, nor while in any other office.
The constitution is vague here. It says the president can be impeached for "high crimes and misdemeanors," but that's all it says, no definitions or stipulations spelled out. The most expansive meaning, which I believe I would endorse, is that high crimes and misdemeanors are whatever the House of Representatives says they are, and they may vote to impeach for any act which they believe renders the president unfit for office. Then if 2/3 of the Senate vote to convict, that's that. It's all analogous to a vote of no confidence, but with a culpable cause specified.

So Green can call for impeachment for Biden hitting another boy on the playground when he was 5, if she wants. And she might as well, it would fare exactly the same as the current motion, which will never be heard of again.

@Joe P

'Trouble with Trumples' was a fanfic episode that took far too long to delete as it was...

(my suggestion, fwiw, would likely be Sanders on The Edge of Forever )

As an elderly chap that wears gloves during the winter, I’m not sure why an elderly chap wearing gloves during the winter is gaining so much attention.

I agree. Jill has let the White House down badly. We need controversial, not bland - I mean, Melania has shewn the way.

As an elderly chap that wears gloves during the winter, I’m not sure why an elderly chap wearing gloves during the winter is gaining so much attention.

Yebbut they're not gloves, they're mittens, like what small children wear. I wonder if they've got a bit of elastic tying them together so one doesn't get lost?

advertisement

Back