Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Office Chair

Discussion in 'off topic' started by andyoz, Sep 26, 2021.

1. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

I'm going to treat myself (and my back) to a proper ergonomic office chair.

Any leads on where to buy a good one online.

I expect there's a load of tat out there in amongst the good ones

2. garyi

garyi leave blank

I think a budget would be a good indicator

3. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

4. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

I'm not sure really as prices all over the place. What does £400 ex Vat new buy?

I'm into refurb stuff as well

5. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

6. gintonic

yes if you read my post, youll see I have one in the home office and I use it every day

7. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

Regards refurbished, the last time I was buying office chairs was 2012 and second hand office furniture places were rammed as 4 years of company liquidations.

Not sure what the dynamic is now...I assume companies are funding new chairs for the WFH brigade and just selling their used office gear onto auction places?

8. gintonic

not in my case or my wife - we had to buy our own

9. cutting42

cutting42 Arrived at B4 Hacker Erg \o/

10. gintonic

Mirra2 is the most comfortable office chair I have sat in for a smaller office space. Have done many long days in it and it is very comfy.

11. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

I can see my budget might escalate (unless I find second hand). Hunts don't deliver to NI, bummer!

12. gintonic

buying an office chair online is fraught with problems. When I bought the Ergo Human chair I was lucky enough to have the chance to try some out. Including my bosses steelcase chair which I found very uncomfortable. I didn't like the Herman Miller Aeron much, but the Mirra2 is very comfy, for a reasonably compact chair.

My Ergo Human on the other hand is exceptionally comfortable and generously proportioned. I added on the leg rest which is excellent

13. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

I bought a second-hand Steelcase Leap 2 recently. No complaints. There are significant savings to be had buying used.

14. flutteringwow

flutteringwow Platinum Ears

For me, and I think it may be because I am tall, all those types of designs are a nightmare for me, as there is no head support.

I have to go for one where I have the head cushion touching my head when sitting upright, this prevents fatigue, and keeps me in alignment much better than those ergo chairs, so definitely try before you buy!

15. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Did this recently and found you really need to try before you buy: had a few in mind that looked good online but weren’t great when I tried them in the shop. Downside is a spent a lot more than I was planning to.

16. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

I'm seeing a lot of good refurbish places but they don't deliver to NI...will keep at it..

17. tones

tones Tones deaf

18. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

19. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

20. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Booyakashah, check out my avatar...

The Areon is a very comfortable chair, but if you have any kind of back problems, they may not be the best. They also occupy more floor area than the average office chair.