advertisement

Offical Royal Wedding, Ticker Tape Special

Cliveden, Taplow, Nr Maidenhead, Buckinghamshire, SL6 0JA.

Taplow is a village Canonman. Has been for, literally, thousands of years. You must have been near it. Surprised you haven't stopped.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taplow

I never realised by listening room was in Wiki.

Ah, never really considered Cliveden as part of Taplow. I've been going through Taplow several times a week for the last decade or so and it's my station of choice when going into that London.

About time they cured that water leak in Rectory Road.

Drank in the Oak and Saw but never seen the Bull and Butcher or is that the old name for same?

Small world. I live on Rectory Road.

Hasty post. Meant the Oak & Saw - Bull and Butcher in Turville and conflating.

BTW, Taplow House has an open day on the following day when the House and Gardens are open to visitors from 2 until 5. Usually closed as owned by the Nichiren Shoshu Buddhist sect. It's the estate that borders Cliveden and has a genuinely fascinating history stretching back a millenium and a half.

I've lived here 15 years and never been. I think it's time to be baptised!

I also lived close to Feltham (Stanwell as in the massive) back in the late eighties. I never had Tony down as a Southerner.

Small world. I live on Rectory Road.

Hasty post. Meant the Oak & Saw - Bull and Butcher in Turville and conflating.

BTW, Taplow House has an open day on the following day when the House and Gardens are open to visitors from 2 until 5. Usually closed as owned by the Nichiren Shoshu Buddhist sect. It's the estate that borders Cliveden and has a genuinely fascinating history stretching back a millenium and a half.

I've lived here 15 years and never been. I think it's time to be baptised!

I also lived close to Feltham (Stanwell as in the massive) back in the late eighties. I never had Tony down as a Southerner.

I went to the Taplow House open day 2 years ago. Interesting place. 3 miles from me, just South of Bray. Incredibly popular, car parks heaving.

Ah. Good food in Bray. We had our wedding reception there.

I might well drop over this time. I don't need the car park ;)

Now will they head through Bray on Saturday or visit the Eton Wick massive? Will they head over Maidenhead bridge or the one at Eton? I will be most disappointed if they choose the former. The world should see Eton Wick in all its glory.

Dd_Ork_QHX4_AAEWhw.jpg

These cakes are anatomically correct under the icing sugar outfits.
Both are hollow and currently being filled with custard by volunteers.

We can gloss over any speculation as to who actually impregnated Di with Harry, for the sake of brevity.

Bang goes the meme I've spent the last ten minutes on.

Ah. Good food in Bray. We had our wedding reception there.

I might well drop over this time. I don't need the car park ;)

Now will they head through Bray on Saturday or visit the Eton Wick massive? Will they head over Maidenhead bridge or the one at Eton? I will be most disappointed if they choose the former. The world should see Eton Wick in all its glory.

I'm guessing helicopter.

Oh how tedious..yes.

Maybe that explains the presence of bloody Chinooks for the past week.

even in the lowliest, most backward serbian village, a father of either bride or groom announcing he will not attend the wedding would be so scandalous that the event would most likely not proceed. how can i look up to these people?

South Bucks.

Has some of the worst road surfaces I have come across in my travels along with some of the most fearful potholes.

The road outside is closed today. Surprised.

They are resurfacing it in full.

Somewhat surprising as there are far worse stretches of tarmac in the County.

They are resurfacing the road outside of Cliveden where the wedding party are staying, and Grenfell where the Internation Press Corp have a main location.

Worker told me they should be finished on Friday.

Surprise.

For the few not the many.

Wearing the infamous beige toilet seat tantaliser?

2e5jjhv.jpg

Actually, I never noticed before, but the one on the left looks like a bed pan.

Now I can imagine those two on the bench across from WH Smiths with a litre bottle of vodka, some cider and a fag or two.

Dd_Ork_QHX4_AAEWhw.jpg

These cakes are anatomically correct under the icing sugar outfits.
Both are hollow and currently being filled with custard by volunteers.

Bang goes the meme I've spent the last ten minutes on.

This picture deserves some sort of award.

Who needs crossdressing potters when custard filled princes are available

oh dear we are all a flutter here - the bbc news reports that they have tracked down the first geezer to snog Meghan when she was 13. But he wouldn't reveal whether they used tongues.....
oh my it is so exciting....

advertisement

Back