advertisement

Nvidia RTX30xx Graphics

The forthcoming 20GB 3080 is probably a better bet than the 3090 unless you just have money to burn.

The other thing that puzzles me as someone who grew up doing physics and electronics -- the word always used to be Ampère because that was the guys name. Do engineers now pronounce the units "am-piers" instead of "am-pears" as well? It's probably illegal to do this in France :)

The other thing that puzzles me as someone who grew up doing physics and electronics -- the word always used to be Ampère because that was the guys name. Do engineers now pronounce the units "am-piers" instead of "am-pears" as well? It's probably illegal to do this in France :)

Most Americans don't get much in the way of European languages at school, apart from spanish - it's funny because there are large pockets of French speakers in the US (Louisiana, Missouri, Florida, Maine and other parts of New England) and French is the 4th most spoken language, but I guess it's dying. Generally I associate the average American with being very well educated on the whole but they're as bad as the English on pronunciation ;)

Yeah but great graphics and FPS, so good stuff. And obviously its not drawing 350watts all the time.

Way out of my price range sadly.

Seems to be about 10% faster than a 3080 (for gaming) for twice the money. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...

Seems there are reports of electrical noise problems affecting some of the 30 series cards at high clock frequencies.

A laymans terms explanation of what seems to be the issue, I expect he is right on the probable fix too.
I doubt there will be any recall, if you bought yours from an ebay scalper you could be in trouble if there is.

Big Navi - looking exciting in more ways than one. It looks like they'll be big leaps at both ends of the market

Lets wait and see what someone who is not quite so biased has to say. Or indeed the results when its out. When is the proper announcement (rather than the announcement of the announcement date)

Well the new CPUs are announced and I can only imagine intel are sulking. Also a hint that the new GPUs will be on par with 3080.

Now. If the price is right, but even more crucially they actually have some to sell, this could be very interesting.

I am in 850th place on overclockers for an Asus 3080. I believe they are receiving around 20 into the warehouse each week..

Well the new CPUs are announced and I can only imagine intel are sulking. Also a hint that the new GPUs will be on par with 3080.

Now. If the price is right, but even more crucially they actually have some to sell, this could be very interesting.

I am in 850th place on overclockers for an Asus 3080. I believe they are receiving around 20 into the warehouse each week..

I think you might be positioning yourself to eat some humbe pie eh? :)

Where?

We are all speculating. If the new gpu is as powerful as the 3080, same price or cheaper and most critically actually available, sure I am on board.

If however its less powerful, with the only advantage being less power consumption, then I don't give a shit, I'll wait for the 3080.

Where?

We are all speculating. If the new gpu is as powerful as the 3080, same price or cheaper and most critically actually available, sure I am on board.

If however its less powerful, with the only advantage being less power consumption, then I don't give a shit, I'll wait for the 3080.

There's going to be three levels, a pro workstation card, a top gaming card and a lower tier gaming card, with probably a lower lever beneath those. The AMD head of Radeon was quick to say that we don't know which one was being teased...

Because you were very dismissive of the guy who it seems was remarkably well informed even after Gav and I told you he was remarkably well informed and this mostly seemed to be because you didn't like his house :)

Well the new Zen 3 ryzen might be my next processor and it looks like Its time to upgrade the whole kit and kaboodle.

I think i'll wait until Q2 next year for prices and availability to settle down. Its a great time to be a consumer.

Because you were very dismissive of the guy who it seems was remarkably well informed even after Gav and I told you he was remarkably well informed and this mostly seemed to be because you didn't like his house :)

He is clearly as biased as I am. So not much value to it. I believe I was critical of his voice :)

Yes I was just about to say that the other thing about this that is very interesting is that Zen 3 and Big Navi *together* might be an even better proposition for gamers and act as a sort of Force Multiplier because they are both designed for things games actually need. E.g. the threading stuff about core affinity looks very interesting from a programmer's point of view.

advertisement

Back