advertisement

Nvidia RTX30xx Graphics

I just cannot get on with controllers

TBH until a couple of years ago I thought so too. But. Times move on. I used to hate the fact that all the latest games were becoming Console Ports. I was a PC gamer. How dare they dumb this down!

The fact remains though that all games being developed now are now more oriented towards console players. Have been for years actually. I finally gave in and gave up with it.

And I have no regrets whatsoever.

Ahem. THe Xbox one X runs all the games I mentioned earlier on my 4k Monitor - seamlessly. My PC would choke above 1440p (granted it was only a 1070 but it was overlocked to the nth degree and could swallow up quite a few 1080's in benchmarks)

With ray tracing enabled at ultra settings - no way. As I said up thread it's not for me either but the consoles will be great value for money for sure...

Yeah. And noisy fans too. To keep it cool. Whooooooo

I ditched Windows totally and I love my Mac mini. It's silent. And I can do everything I ever needed to do with a Windoze PC, but without the hassle of "update this , update that" .

After Windows 10 that was the clincher TBH.

I'm not a power user. Just the odd bit of photo, music editing and video creation (which is sooo easy and bloody fast on a Mac)

I could never go back to Windows.

I have been deep into emulation replaying link to the past and using a rip off Xbox one controller which is ok but I just cannot use my thumb on them quick enough I guess it’s why they help you aim on console :)

oh and my pc is as good as silent.

I have been deep into emulation replaying link to the past and using a rip off Xbox one controller

I have absolutely no idea what that means but, if your PC is silent it ain't working hard enough (old school)

Minecraft I guess is not that tasking.

I was joking about minecraft, I cannot say I have played a PC game for a while, but I do use twinmotion and adobe a lot so thats where my interest is.

Of course the massive throttling the mac does so as not to set on fire means its very quiet :)

Glad to hear it. Generation Gap lives on.

PS. I recently sold all of my big box PC games on Ebay. Quake Hexen Heretic Thief Unreal Blade Runner etc.

I got more than I originally paid for them all those years ago. £30 - £50 a piece? Made over £400 for something sitting in a box in a cupboard that I'd never use again.

One thing I like about console games. It's not "dead" money. Unlike PC gaming nowadays. You can sell them on when you're done.

Hum, you'll be needing to prove that to me old man. My son wouldn't even know games are sold in physical form.

Erm. Which bit about "I just sold a bunch of my old PC games on Ebay for more than I originally paid for them" are you finding difficult to comprehend?

Young un? ( wanted to ignore the old man taunt there but - kids these days eh?)

Next thing you know they'll be fawning all over the latest all singing all dancing graphics card.

Wouldn't you know

Erm. Which bit about "I just sold a bunch of my old PC games on Ebay for more than I originally paid for them" are you finding difficult to comprehend?

im only playing with you. But my point was kids aren’t buying physical media any more great you got a few quid, it won’t be long before they stop it all together I am sure.

I really like where this is heading.

yyfg6vpa

3090 and 8k 60FPS on a ridiculous TV, oh, and the bloody size of it! I had one of the biggest aftermarket 1080tis and this thing would dwarf it...

I`ve been having quite a laugh looking at the shills who have bought 3080 series cards to punt them on ebay and make a few quid, this one went for peanuts
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=284015286882

Most of the adverts were as above, didnt even have the item to sell in the first place!
Im hoping that alot of the sellers had already started spending the profit they were expecting, most were bid upto £50K!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Yeah but great graphics and FPS, so good stuff. And obviously its not drawing 350watts all the time.

Way out of my price range sadly.

advertisement

Back