advertisement

NVA LS 2 with Naim: any opinion?

Things get complicated.
I now have two runs of Chord Campana. It's a thin (2 x 1 mm2, or 1.5 mm2 max) cable with little or no spacing between the two conductors. Like a zip cord, but with a harder jacket (polyethylene I think, not PVC).
I had it, I use it. But I understand it's not the 4 mm2 of the NAC A5.

Having used it with my NAP140, I have a feeling it 'brightened' it up a bit, but it could be self suggestion. Having a bigger cord - like the NAC A5 - will put things in order from an electrical standpoint but I also wish to tidy things up in the process. I no longer use my living room as an audio dealer's showroom. Cables mustn't be seen nor heard.

So, black ones. I have to run them neatly along and against the skirting, and treat them the same way I'd do with any other appliance cabling.

If I have to consider what Robert has just written, I don't trust the Chord Campana to be linear, so another one seems mandatory. I may end up buying new NAC A5, much as I'd do with any other accessory for the house.

Thanks for all the useful informations,

M.

Buy something with a figure 8 or spaced shotgun construction but which is more flexible so you can run it more neatly. NACA5 is only slightly more flexible than a crowbar.. NVA is stiff too (LS2 I never saw, but from reading this thread it's also stiff).

Regarding resistance, 1,5mm is good for normal speaker cable lengths already and going above 2,5mm is really a case of audiophilia nervosa, nothing wrong with that mind you, been there done that.

If you are picky about the cable type needing to be designed for NAIM while being flexible, what about this? https://witchhatservicing.co.uk/product/n2-loudspeaker-cable/

Whoops I was sure I saw it in the normal thread list but I guess not. It's alnost like that tv show The Walking Thread.. again apologies.

advertisement

Back