advertisement

NVA A80- does anyone have pictures of inside?

Sovereign

pfm Member
I have recently purchased a set of NVA A80 amps, I. would love to know what they look like inside, has anyone got any pictures?

I think those are the first Richard built (NB wooden sides), and doubt the production ones look much like that.

I seem to remember these are a 'modified' pair someone had for sale a while back. All hard wired one of a kind jobs. I think you'll find that the 'nomal' stock are much tidier..

The one's I have worked on in the past were normal metal cases. This must be a different range. It must come apart somehow for maintenance etc.

I'm sure I could pop it open, wouldn't want to bugger it up though, the amps are nice and shiny.
And to glue it back down, what would you recommend ? I would't mind having a peak

I really wouldn't if I were you.

All the NVA products I have seen have been glued perspex, which might shatter if you attempt to prise it apart. Some were wood sides with perspex front, back and top, which might be easier but they aren't meant to be opened just to see what's inside.

No they won't shatter at all. The glue that Richard uses is something like UHU and they are remarkably easy to take the lids off. All you need is a sharp thin knife and a bit of common sense. You simply ease the knife under the lid and wiggle it along each side until it just lifts off. I have had most of my NVA gear apart just to look inside just out of curiosity. The latest A 80 mono's are quite tidy inside compared to those piccy's, not yer Naim standard I agree, but nothing to weep about.

No they won't shatter at all. The glue that Richard uses is something like UHU and they are remarkably easy to take the lids off. All you need is a sharp thin knife and a bit of common sense. You simply ease the knife under the lid and wiggle it along each side until it just lifts off. I have had most of my NVA gear apart just to look inside just out of curiosity. The latest A 80 mono's are quite tidy inside compared to those piccy's, not yer Naim standard I agree, but nothing to weep about.

Ditto - I've had the lid off an A60 using that method. And the brand is getting some unfair slating in this thread - that first link was a proto I believe, not representative of production builds.

Guys,

Isn't this a little bit shonky? It's not as if Richard Dunn has any right to reply here. It's been a long, long time since I saw anything from NVA, but I can't imagine his products remain in such prototype form.

The image posted very likely misrepresents what his company does and should therefore be taken down.

In the interest of fairness, an' all.

advertisement

Back