advertisement

Nutjobs in self-inflicted harm shock horror!

Joe Hutch

Mate of the bloke
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59703523

'Necklaces and accessories claiming to "protect" people from 5G mobile networks have been found to be radioactive.

The Dutch authority for nuclear safety and radiation protection (ANVS) issued a warned about ten products it found gave off harmful ionising radiation.

It urged people not to use the products, which could cause harm with long-term wear.

There is no evidence that 5G networks are harmful to health.'

Why on earth should this be a front page story on the BBC?

Isn't this maybe marginally worthy of a page 17 Daily Star article...?

Must admit I'm pretty much at the point of just turning off the BBC altogether....

Must admit I'm pretty much at the point of just turning off the BBC altogether....
Front page? Looks like the second story in the Technology section to me.

It's main page bottom right...

2jhk8Oh.jpg

Good idea. They infiltrate your brain via hidden messages. (I'm immune because I have the Bill Gates microchip which blocks their signals).

Probably placed by one of Johnson’s team to show only Boris can shield us from the deluge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59703523

'Necklaces and accessories claiming to "protect" people from 5G mobile networks have been found to be radioactive.

The Dutch authority for nuclear safety and radiation protection (ANVS) issued a warned about ten products it found gave off harmful ionising radiation.

It urged people not to use the products, which could cause harm with long-term wear.

There is no evidence that 5G networks are harmful to health.'
There's going to be a predictable response, though:

"Well of course, they don't want us to wear these devices because they know they work, and they want to control us. So they'll spread these false rumours that they are radioactive. Do your own research, sheeple... "

The article only mentions the word 'harmful' without giving any supporting information. For information we live in a sea of radiation coming from space and the ground and usually without problems. Take alpha particles for example as they are a form of ionising radiation. However they don't travel far and can be stopped by a sheet of paper so wouldn't penetrate the epidermis. Next beta particles these have a higher ionising effect but again are easily stopped by just a piece of aluminium foil. Light is also ionising especially UV and above. Even water that comes in the rain and what we drink contains radioactive Tritium that emits beta particles.

Anyone with a glow in the dark watch or clock? The older models had radioactive 'ink' with a phosphor that was lit by the radiation.

Smoke alarms? Americium 241 alpha and gamma emitter and so on..........

Science is fun,

DV

The article only mentions the word 'harmful' without giving any supporting information. For information we live in a sea of radiation coming from space and the ground and usually without problems. Take alpha particles for example as they are a form of ionising radiation. However they don't travel far and can be stopped by a sheet of paper so wouldn't penetrate the epidermis. Next beta particles these have a higher ionising effect but again are easily stopped by just a piece of aluminium foil. Light is also ionising especially UV and above. Even water that comes in the rain and what we drink contains radioactive Tritium that emits beta particles.

Anyone with a glow in the dark watch or clock? The older models had radioactive 'ink' with a phosphor that was lit by the radiation.

Science is fun,

DV

I'm sure nobody here knew any of that.

Science is fun,

DV

More in the link below. Dutch authorities believe health risks are very low but long term exposure of skin increases risk.

https://english.autoriteitnvs.nl/la...item-or-sleep-mask-if-so-store-it-away-safely

The article only mentions the word 'harmful' without giving any supporting information. For information we live in a sea of radiation coming from space and the ground and usually without problems. Take alpha particles for example as they are a form of ionising radiation. However they don't travel far and can be stopped by a sheet of paper so wouldn't penetrate the epidermis.
They could, however, do a shitload of damage to that same epidermis if exposure happened over a significant length of time, as might well happen if the item is worn in the same place on a daily basis.

Skin cancer isn't fun. No?

There's going to be a predictable response, though:

"Well of course, they don't want us to wear these devices because they know they work, and they want to control us. So they'll spread these false rumours that they are radioactive. Do your own research, sheeple... "

I'm guessing a 'sheeple' is the long-term effects of radiation-induced mutations in the offspring of anyone who's been wearing these necklaces for a long time?

They could, however, do a shitload of damage to that same epidermis if exposure happened over a significant length of time, as might well happen if the item is worn in the same place on a daily basis.

Skin cancer isn't fun. No?
No it isn't and can actually be caused by exposure to too much UV from sunlight.

My comments were about the vagueness of the BBC article. We receive around 300-400 millirems per year from natural sources and the suggested guidelines safe limit for adults is an additional 5000 millirems per year. A dose of radioactive iodine for a thyroid gland treatment delivers 10 million millirems and so on. The BBC article doesn't mention the amount of radiation from the items nor what type it is so we can't make an informed decision about the perceived dangers.

Even our own bodies contain radiation and we receive around 25-35 millirems per year from it!

DV

Naturally occurring radiation that no one can escape is not the same thing as intentionally wearing a radioactive pendant around your neck.

Fun, no?

Joe

advertisement

Back