advertisement

Nottinghamshire...

Stabbing outside of the Victoria Centre earlier this week in Nottingham City Centre, which has led to a death, took place at 1pm in the afternoon! This sort of thing does not help Nottingham’s reputation

I know it sounds like I’m bashing Nottingham :rolleyes:, I to was born and bred there, I probably just experienced to much of the worse side of the city, which others may have been lucky enough to avoid or never see. The city will always hold a special place in my heart, it can't not after spending so much of my life living there...

Wollaton Park at this time of Year is great as the deer will be in rut and the trees are all coming into their Autumn foliage. Clumber Park / Sherwood Forest also worth a visit

A beer or two at Ye Old Trip - the countries oldest pub is a must

My brother lives in Southwell. Beautiful little town (large village, really) with an amazing minster.
I love Southwell.Really beautiful minster and palace with amazing history of notable visitors. Often stop at Theatre cafe for some soup and sandwiches. Interesting example of a Workhouse nearby as well.

Stabbing outside of the Victoria Centre earlier this week in Nottingham City Centre, which has led to a death, took place at 1pm in the afternoon! This sort of thing does not help Nottingham’s reputation

Only damages reputations if the full facts aren’t considered. Yes I’m jumping a little to the defence of the city here, because non-stranger related violence is prevalent everywhere, if you look carefully enough. It’s just that this incident is high profile, and others are not.

I say this from experience of policing the county for 30 years(1985-2015), and then still being involved in police training...

advertisement

Back