advertisement

Not more Wimas

new naim boy

pfm Member
All 10uf caps have been received.

Several members were quite keen to get their hands on the 22uf 16V/ 5% Wima MKS 2XL. I got a free sample of 15 of these from Wima which I passed around PFM. It would be interesting to hear if anyone has used them and what they think. I have just bought some of the NCC200 clones from ebay. A couple of these caps in parallel will do nicely for feedback.

The price is £1.30 each (which includes VAT and delivery to me) you only need add postage and paypal (if necessary).

The following members have already expressed interest. I will send you guys an email or PM to confirm.

laverda 10
iamjohnwayne 20
Harthold 8
James Evans 10
Pete MB&D 10
Trancera 16
Geesixty 20
agent cooper79 10
jonharrison 40
martin clark 30
markfin 12
Pulse Studio 10
neiljadman 20
Proagua 30
Fatmarley 20
Artioneer 30
Bivalve 20
Statman308 10
Hacker 10
Me 10
Dowser 10
RonR 20
mlx 12
binnie 10
MartinC 10
Eddie Pugh 10
Colliedoggy 10
Streaky 20
Jamadlavry 10
DJM 15
Greg Erskine 12
Shambala 14

Total 499

Please would you send me an email to aidan dot burrows at ntlworld dot com with the following information:

1 Your PFM handle
2 Name and postal address
3 Quantity of 22ufs required
4 Your chosen method of payment

Once we get sufficient interest I will post a deadline. Only after that will I send out invoices.

Cheers

Aidan

There are also requests for more 10uf. Please feel free to post here if you want some. I'll keep a tally and once we get to 500 (MOQ) I'll do another GB.

Great stuff Aidan, do you know what the physical size of the 22uF 16V are?? well you must do as you have some samples, please could you post it here, and yes I am still very keen to recieve 10x of the 22uF 16V, nice work, again ;)

Paul

According to the data sheet they are a mm or so wider (11 v 8.5mm) - odd as is sounds because that the long demension: http://www.wima.de/EN/mks2xlue.htm, but is that not correct?

Count me in for 20 - email to follow

Neil

Hi Neil,

I've not read the datasheets but placing them next to each other I can't tell any difference ?! BTW your Teddy regs look great. I planned to buy a few of those but I ended up making some for free from a friend. And I must say thanks to you because I looked hard at pics of yours to correct a couple of errors on my design. I have made two +/- 15V regs each regulates a paralleled AD815 preamp.

Is there better alternative than the MKS2-XL?
They are polyester caps, and polyprolylene should be better but size and value may be restriction.

Well it seems we only make it to 275. :(

All the members in the above list have confirmed their intentions.

I will look around and see if a different supplier will quote us on less than 500.

Thanks to Neil we may be able to get 300 but slightly dearer.

However, all is not lost. I will phone a couple of suppliers tomorrow and see if they will allow a smaller MOQ - if not perhaps they may lower the price to help us: always the optimist :D

I have heard from ACAL who have another customer for these so we an order less than 500. Furthermore they have dropped their price to £1.30 each: this includes vat and delivery to me.

So I propose a deadline of friday 25th July. I will send invoices out then.

At the moment I have emails and confirmed orders from those listed in post 1.

I shall have to get back to you on that one Neil. But with any luck it will be less than 12 weeks if someone else is also interested in them.

advertisement

Back