advertisement

NOMINATE A DEALER

Thanks Si, is the Amadeus still sounding great? Did you stick with the AT cartridge and did the Avondale kit turn up? I must admit that I am still not certain that selling the Amadeus was a good idea. It did sound stunning.

Seems to me too that this thread is about right - some people say a dealer is great, others find that they have not had the same experience.

CJ

Thanks Si, is the Amadeus still sounding great? Did you stick with the AT cartridge and did the Avondale kit turn up? I must admit that I am still not certain that selling the Amadeus was a good idea. It did sound stunning.

Seems to me too that this thread is about right - some people say a dealer is great, others find that they have not had the same experience.

CJ

The Amadeus if getting alot of use-its brilliant and easy-the Avondale kit is pride of place and is now singing. The only other thing I need is a new mc cart but will enjoy what I have until I need to change.

Cheers Si:)

Sound Cinergy in Aldridge, run and owned by Clive. I have dealt with Clive for a number of years and would highly recomend him. The only person I trust to service my LP12. One of the last few independent hifi dealers in the west Midlands.

Another vote for Peter at Cymbiosis.

One not mentioned yet is Simon Griffin at 2nd Hand Hifi in the North East: a genuinely nice guy. Had items on pretty long term loans, and bought a shed load from him over the years

+ 1 more for James at Tom Tom Audio.
Apart from what has already been said here TTA has a fantastic range of VFM ex dem & 2nd hand equipment. :)

One more for the excellent, chilled and very friendly Simon Griffin. I wouldnt shop anywhere else.

My vote goes to Peter Empson at Deco Audio (formerly Noteworthy Audio). Nice chap, welcoming, good advice and very happy to loan out kit.

k

So I'm going to vote for Audio Counsel again - because I can! :)

I'm also going to +1 Keith at Purite Audio.

Whilst I've not been to the shop, or met Keith in person, he's always been extremely responsive is clearly knowledgeable in the area of digital audio.

Cheers

Richard

Walrus Systems

Went to see them for u/grade advice once. Because I wan't looking to spend the equivalent of a small African nation's GDP on some dusty exotica they had stacked up somewhere, I was treated by the 'salesman' like something they found on the bottom of my shoe.

Not a good experience. :mad:

I'm still struggling to find a dealer as good as (what became) KJ West One in Peterborough. Sigh....

Is it normal for dealers in Canada to charge for delivery and setup of a new system? In the UK this is usually part of the standard service, mind you the travel distances in Canada may be considerably larger.

Standard in town for better systems...probably negotiable elsewhere. But if someone from the Yukon wants some gear, it's probably not quite so easy.
By the way, their "Level 10" system (scroll down to the bottom http://www.planetofsoundonline.com/systems/) shows a fair bit of imagination and wit don't you think? I'd love to hear it.

Standard in town for better systems...probably negotiable elsewhere. But if someone from the Yukon wants some gear, it's probably not quite so easy.
By the way, their "Level 10" system (scroll down to the bottom http://www.planetofsoundonline.com/systems/) shows a fair bit of imagination and wit don't you think? I'd love to hear it.

I can just picture it, panning for gold in the Yukon and suddenly finding the Golden nugget. Oy just fly me up that system 10 will you. Oh no the wife hates the chrome bits, take it home and bring me something a bit more acceptable, system 1 perhaps.

As for the system I've never heard of the gear, way out of my sphere.

advertisement

Back