advertisement

No McCartney III thread?

His voice has gone but that never stopped the over the top praise for other artist like Dylan.
Yes but Dylan is funny, wry, interesting and always intelligent. He doesn’t need to sing well. If you want singing there are thousands of very good singers.

Yes but Dylan is funny, wry, interesting and always intelligent. He doesn’t need to sing well. If you want singing there are thousands of very good singers.
Singing is quite important for singer/songwriters. Voice is actually far more important.

Can’t stand Dylan anyway.

Dylan on Paul McCartney:

I mean I’m in awe of McCartney. He’s about the only one that I am in awe of. But I’m in awe of him. He can do it all and he’s never let up, you know. He’s got the gift for melody, he’s got the rhythm. He can play any instrument. He can scream and shout as good as anybody and he can sing the ballad as good as anybody, you know so… And his melodies are, you know, effortless. That’s what you have to be in awe… I’m in awe of him maybe just because he’s just so damn effortless. I mean I just wish he’d quit, you know. [laughs] Just everything and anything that comes out of his mouth is just framed in a melody, you know …”

Dylan on Paul McCartney:

I mean I’m in awe of McCartney. He’s about the only one that I am in awe of. But I’m in awe of him. He can do it all and he’s never let up, you know. He’s got the gift for melody, he’s got the rhythm. He can play any instrument. He can scream and shout as good as anybody and he can sing the ballad as good as anybody, you know so… And his melodies are, you know, effortless. That’s what you have to be in awe… I’m in awe of him maybe just because he’s just so damn effortless. I mean I just wish he’d quit, you know. [laughs] Just everything and anything that comes out of his mouth is just framed in a melody, you know …”
Randy Newman has offered similar praise for Macca.

I’m not a fan of Macca solo but I rather liked the track they’ve been playing a lot on the radio. I’m waiting for my blue vinyl to arrive.....

advertisement

Back