Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

No McCartney III thread?

Discussion in 'music' started by springer, Dec 18, 2020.

1. springer

springer pfm Member

Apologies if I've missed it, but a search threw nothing up. McCartney III released today, on more formats and coloured variants than I thought was humanly possible. Morrisons went early and put the CD out last Monday, but I've hung on to collect my white-vinyl LP from my local indie this morning. One play through and I'd give it four stars. It's not grabbed me like Egypt Station did (a masterpiece, IMHO), but maybe time will tell....

2. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

Didn’t know he was poorly

3. springer

springer pfm Member

[​IMG]

4. garyi

garyi leave blank

haha

But seriously McCartney should probably stop now.

5. CHE

CHE pfm Member

I heard a track on Radio 2 a few times yesterday - it was dreadful. Sounded like a kid's band that had too many instruments, too much time in the recording studio, and little idea on production. A real shame given his legacy.

CHE

narabdela likes this.
  6. springer

springer pfm Member

It's interesting isn't it.....hardly a mention on here, yet 750+ pages and almost 19k posts over at SHF!!

7. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Had a listen earlier on Qobuz. Enjoyed it even though the voice isn’t what it used to be. I’ll take another listen later.

backwell likes this.
  8. backwell

backwell pfm Member

Like Stunsworth, I had a listen on Qubuz last night, it's a while since I listened to any new McCartney stuff, I thought it was OK, don't suppose i'll buy a physical version but will listen again.

9. narabdela

narabdela who?

His voice has gone. It's been gone for quite a while now. It's a shame that he couldn't have retired gracefully. :(

MVJ likes this.
  10. Joolzdee

Joolzdee pfm Member

Picked up a white vinyl copy from my local indie shop yesterday but not had chance to listen yet.

11. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

what is SHF ???

can't stand it ,, twwtt

12. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

Shameless Harlots Forum, Duh!

13. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

Steve Hoffman Forums

graystoke4 likes this.
  14. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Meanwhile McCartney gets an hour of tele on Beeb 1 tonight - in conversation with.....Idris Elba!.....you know the well known muso and interviewer.

Paul seems happy....as well he might. One plug for a track with Rhianna and Kanye West which was 'odd' Trying too hard to be something he is not?

I agree with others- his voice has been shot for some time now.

15. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

you are right on the money Idris Elba,, the give me money and an advert before my fame goes, WE are all but an act away :rolleyes:
    haven't seen McCartney can do with a laugh :D a link would be good ,

16. Adam3004

Adam3004 pfm Member

It's true Macca's voice has gone, I suspect at this stage of his career he is making music for his own amusement and that's fine. If anyone else wishes to buy it then all well and good. He's earned the right to do what he wants musically.

Woodface, DipsyDave and Stunsworth like this.
  17. matt j

matt j pfm Member

We're obviously a more discerning bunch.

18. neildalton

neildalton pfm Member

I like Slidin’, Springer. Long Tailed Winter Bird is enjoyable, too.

There’s nothing here that’ll tilt the earth off its axis, of course, but then he’s already done that.

Incidentally, Ian Leslie recently provided a good, balanced overview of the McCartney legacy, pre and post 1970. It’s worth an eyeball for anyone bored the tedious carping that PM’s music usually tends to attract:

https://ianleslie.substack.com/p/64-reasons-to-celebrate-paul-mccartney

Linus, Sloop John B and Stunsworth like this.
  19. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

His voice has gone but that never stopped the over the top praise for other artist like Dylan.

20. Sloop John B

Sloop John B for more years than I care to remember

Thanks for posting this. I’ve often wondered at the reaction/ relationship of Brits to McCartney. I remember being in Sunny Scunnie with my cousins while the London Olympics was on. I couldn’t believe their reaction to Paul coming on - oh no they’re not wheeling him out again -

There’s a link to a Spotify playlist which I must listen to.

Paul McCartney, savour him while we can. Isn’t it great that he still wants (needs?) to make music. I can forgive him the major being a lady suffragette.

.sjb

neildalton likes this.