advertisement

nikon lens 55-200mm

Geordie

pfm Member
In most situations is there a lot of difference between VR model and non-VR model of the 55-200mm nikon lens? All research says there is!!

I have the non-VR type! (this was in the bundle deal I got.. can't change it)

Is it only in dim light that the difference is apparent.

I am a complete novice....so am I relly worrying about things that I don't need to yet??

regards

Geordie, there is nothing wrong (optically) with the 50-200 zoom. VR gives you useful stabilisation at the long end (effectively 300mm on a D60 with the cropped sensor). What makes the newer VR model maybe a bit more useful is the focussing motor which is a bit quicker than the older one (based on having the one you have for a while and finding it not exactly great for sports action)

cheers
Cliff

I don't like the 55-200 VR. It has made it impossible for me to post in the homage to blurry pics thread. My manual focus, manual metering 50mm 1,8 compensates well.

I don't like the 55-200 VR. It has made it impossible for me to post in the homage to blurry pics thread. My manual focus, manual metering 50mm 1,8 compensates well.

I've got the 18-55mm VR and I'm curious about the difficulty you're having - I'm a noob, so perhaps I'm missing the obvious?

Carl

I've got the 18-55mm VR and I'm curious about the difficulty you're having - I'm a noob, so perhaps I'm missing the obvious?

Carl

Hi Carl

I have the same 18-55 lens and its great!!................it's the 55-200mm (NON VR) lens that I am seeking advice / opinions on

advertisement

Back