Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Nikon F3(HP)

Discussion in 'photo' started by hifi_dave, Feb 22, 2016.

1. hifi_dave

hifi_dave Hi-Fi Retailer

I have a Nikon F3(HP) and various lenses to match. I haven't even looked at this gear for some years and most of the lenses have never even been used.

I also have a Nikon D90, which I use fairly regularly.

Should I sell all the older gear and if so, where do I sell it ?

2. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

3. Joe P

Joe P Memory Alpha incarnate / mod

Dave,

The F3HP has one of the nicest viewfinders on any SLR and it should be a desirable camera, but unfortunately almost all SLRs are selling for peanuts now. I'm afraid you'll not get much for it, whether sold privately or to a camera shop.

The better manual-focus Nikkor lenses will have held on to their value much better, especially because they can be used on fancier DSLRs.

Joe

4. firestorm

firestorm pfm Member

eBay is a good place to check to get an idea of value of MF Nikon lenses.

5. cctaylor

cctaylor pfm Member

Try Ffordes they sold my Canon 35mm gear through them on commission. Much easier than ebay and buyers trust their ratings and they offer 6 month warranty.

6. clivem2

clivem2 pfm Member

By all means post what the lenses are. I use MF, some are my old ones and sone I've bought recently. They have value, unlike the camera which is probably best used as an ornament which can be used on occasion.