advertisement

Nikon D800 with Lenses and Accessories

eastone

pfm Member
Evening all.

I'm no longer making work for gallery exhibition and my trusty D800 has been sitting unused for a good 6 months. Most of the images I take at the moment are of my daughter, on my iPhone. I have an inkling to move on to an X100 but for now I just want to release some cash and see what I really need a few months down the line.

I suppose the best way to extract full value from all this gear would be to list it all individually on eBay but I'd like to offer everything up here first in the hope someone will take more than just the body and can collect (from London SE5 or W1).

Price-wise, I'd like to recoup £900 for the camera body and £200 for the manual lens. Prices of the other things negotiable depending on what the bundle is. Does this make sense?

I bought the D800 new from Jessops in 2013. Shutter count is just 7166. I have the original box which is a little worn because the camera always travelled in it. Accordingly the camera itself is in great condition. Apart from one film shoot in delightful Aldeburgh it's always been used in a studio or gallery.

The rear screen protector has never been removed and has a couple of small scratches. The top screen is unmarked and the viewfinder is clear. There is a little rubbing to the corners on the underside but otherwise there is barely anything to distinguish this camera from new. Manuals, charger, a spare battery (I think!), and a high speed 32GB SD card will be included.

I have two 50mm lenses to go with:

AF Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8D in perfect condition, cosmetically and optically;

and a Nikkor 50mm 1:1.2 (Manual) in Fair to Good condition cosmetically. It's optically perfect and mechanically works fine. I've been shooting with this lens since about 1999! A great piece of glass.

I also have: a heavy Manfrotto tripod with 3-way swivel head, a Sekonic light meter, a padded kit-bag (rucksack) in black with customisable internal walls and a cheapo stabiliser thing for handheld video which worked better than I expected...

If there's interest I will be able to take some images on Thursday.

Thanks

Ian

I am interested in the 50mm f1.2 on its own, but I would need it posting.

How much it total?

Pete

Thanks Pete, if the 1.2 doesn't go as part of a package with the camera you'll be first in line.

Thanks Lefty. I think I paid £250 for it back in the day, and I've certainly had £50 use of it since then.

Do you think I've over priced the camera? I had a look on eBay and some go for £850-900 but I haven't seen any with this low a shutter count. Some are hitting £1100.

One owner low mileage, its got to be worth £900 to £1300 depending on how quick you want to sell.

Pete

Do you think I've over priced the camera? I had a look on eBay and some go for £850-900 but I haven't seen any with this low a shutter count. Some are hitting £1100.

No - given the low mileage, I think £900 is about right. (I paid £1100 for my 14k shutter count D800E recently).

Lefty

Hi
Don't really want to spend more than £50 on a meter , Last second hand one I purchased lasted 8 months then died

Thanks

Hi
Don't really want to spend more than £50 on a meter , Last second hand one I purchased lasted 8 months then died

Thanks

If it was an L-308 then that'd be the first one i've heard of to fail - they seem to be very reliable and just work. Mine is 10 years old i'd say, and i've never considered carrying a spare, I just trust it to work and give sensible readings.

I've done a p/x deal with a 'fish for the D800 body and the 1.2

I will probably do a properly priced listing for the remaining bits.

Cheers all.

advertisement

Back