advertisement

Nikon D700

firestorm

pfm Member
Clean Nikon D700, full-frame goodness.

Amateur use only, less than 16500 shutter actuations, so at least 90% of it's rated life left. Has GGS/Delamax glass protector on rear and top LCD.

Three Nikon original batteries. All showing excellent health.
Original charger.

3 x high speed 16GB CF cards, 2 x Sandisk Extreme, 1 x Lexar Premium.

Prefer meet up in central London, so you can inspect and test the camera etc.
Can meet up in London or post.

£600 including insured courier (UK). Payment by cash or bank transfer.

Photos to follow.

White marks around prism/flash is fibre from my lint-free cloth! Not scratches.
No major marks, nor many minor marks. Small bubble when applying top LCD glass protector.
No wear on buttons (like you see on mega-miles wedding cameras)

I haven't decided 100% I want it to go yet. It may be MFT (EM5mk2) or a D750/800E, I know they're quite different. I'll hold on to my Nikon lenses for the moment. I'm not too fussed if I don't sell the D700, it has been a very faithful and fruitful companion.

No, I only recently bought one with a very low shutter count (35, yes thirty five) to replace the Fujifilm S5Pro I sold. My D7100 still gets the most use, because it's lighter but that'll change soon I expect, because I like the handling of the D700.

35 actuations ?! That's bordering on criminal.

I've developed my Nikon collection of lenses from the early 90s and am loathe to change, but I do hear the call of MFT in the form of an Oly EM5mk2 or EM1 with the pro lenses, though I may go D750 instead, I believe that is the form factor of your 7100.

I love the balance of the D700, works well with the wide angles all the way to the f2.8 70-200mm VR. All the regularly used controls just fall to hand and you can make near instant adjustments without taking your eye off the ball.

I'm trying to talk myself out of changing in my own FS thread :)

I thought mine was really clean but this is lovely. :)

I'm chuffed to bits with mine and really cannot see me moving it on. Yes more modern stuff has greater resolution/speed yadda yadda...but the D700 is just so darn nice to use. Oh...and despite the ham-fisted geezer behind mine it still takes lovely photos.

Neil,
click on them should redirect you to the image hosting site with a larger picture, clicking again will bring up the full resolution photos. Works fine on Safari and Chrome. Haven't tried IE, but should be fine.

£520 for Nikon D700 body only (single original Nikon battery)

£600 for Nikon D700 body + (3 x original Nikon battery, 3 x 16GB high speed CF cards)

I'm trying to decide if I should leave the Nikon fold, if I do I'll be selling a range of decent lenses. Including :

Nikon
70-200mm f2.8 VR1, absolutely mint and boxed
85mm AF-D f1.8, very good condition, hood has a few marks
50mm AF-D f1.4, mint with hood
35mm AF-D f2.0, very good
20mm AF-D f2.8, very good with hood
24-85mm AF-S VR2 f3.5-4.5, mint with hood, white box
28-70mm AF-D f3.5-4.5, very good with hood

All 100% functional. All no scratches on optics.

All the lenses are great, but the zoom and the 85mm are my favourites. They're not just super, sharp, they render images with 3D pop with life and character. Not sure i'm ready to jump ....

- Nikon D700 body SOLD on another forum -​

advertisement

Back