advertisement

[WTD] Nikon Coolscan 8000 or 9000 film scanner

albireo

pfm Member
As above - does anyone have a fully functional unit they'd like to part with? Needs to be complete with medium format holders at least.

Thanks

Have you thought about the Plustek OpticFilm Pro 120 scanner as well - new £1999 including MF (up to 6 x 12), XPan and 35 mm holders?

Absolutely - I have my eyes on it. I use Vuescan though and based on initial reports compatibility is not 100% there yet. So I might wait for that. But yes initial samples are quite incredible. Thanks for the heads up!

Hi have a Nikon 9000ED which i may be selling soon. It has 35mm/120 and 35mm mounted slide holders with it. PM me for more info if you like.

As above - does anyone have a fully functional unit they'd like to part with? Needs to be complete with medium format holders at least.

Thanks
This fantastic scanner comes with both 120 and 35mm holders as well as the 400-400 fw cable.
It also had a replacement to the IC in the power supply back in june, which addressed one
of the common faults which sometimes happens with these scanners.

It produces very fine scans, especially if used with Silverfast Ai software.
I have compared side by side the scans from a 15K Hasselblad X5 vs the Nikon
and there is very little in it to decide which scan is better, which is a testament to the Nikon's design.
If you have precious 35mm and 120 negs or transparencies its up there with the best ways to get them archived IMO.

I can dem this in use and due to the fragile nature of the device (and having a bad experience
shipping one of these before) i would prefer Covid safe collection from Brighton if possible. But may also consider delivering this if you are within an approx 50 mile radius of Brighton.

These routinely go for around £ 2300 on ebay but looking for £ 1800 here.

Thanks Jamie,

We chatted already and unfortunately Albireo isn't UK based. At this stage i would prefer collection.

Now sorted thanks everyone - I purchased a professionally CLA'd unit based in the US, and the seller was happy to ship tracked/insured to continental Europe. All in, including customs/VAT, turned out to be cheaper than buying from the UK. The times we live in!

Now sorted thanks everyone - I purchased a professionally CLA'd unit based in the US, and the seller was happy to ship tracked/insured to continental Europe. All in, including customs/VAT, turned out to be cheaper than buying from the UK. The times we live in!
Pleased you got it sorted.

advertisement

Back