advertisement

[FS] Nikon clear out. Everything must go.

24ggaarryy

pfm Member
So, after many different systems and changes of mind/plan finally gone Fuji X . So everything else has to go.

All of these items have been looked after and used but not abused. I am open to offers as always

Everything includes inland UK delivery. All sales UK only. Pictures of everything available just drop me a PM

Nikon D800 boxed 25k shots and in excellent condition, unused strap, all original paperwork and software disc. After market charger as original got damaged includes 16gb CF card.

£500-00

Nikon D700 boxed 74k shots. In good condition, obviously some age-related wear, but grips all good. Lamor screen protector fitted and has a mark on it. Its does not effect use so I have never changed it.

All original paperwork and packing in box, original strap fitted.

Extra genuine Nikon battery and MC -30 remote release.

Still a classic and has a lot of life left in it yet. Tremendous amount of camera for not a lot of money. I am really tempted to keep it but know it would just collect dust. Includes 8gb CF card

£330

Nikon AF-S 70-300MM F/4 4.5-5.6 G IF-ED Zoom in original box , both original end caps , original bag, hood and all paperwork. Excellent condition with no marks on body. Bought off Alanbeeb on here and not had much use since

£210

Nikon 50mm 1.8 D classic nifty 50, good condition, original box and both original end caps.

£65

Nikon AF 28-80mm 3.3-5.6 G Good condition and with patience actually a better lens than you might think. No box.

£45

Nikon 70-210mm 4-5.6 D Slide zoom lens. Good condition aftermarket end caps no box. Again a good lens with some patience.

£65

Nikon 20-200mm ED 3.5-5.6 G zoom. Great walk round lens with hood. White box Aftermarket end cap and Kenko 62mm UV filter fitted. Good condition.

£80

Nikon AF-S 24-120MM 1:4 G ED. In excellent condition , white box original end caps, hood, cloth bag and manual.

£370

Let me know if you need anymore information thanks for looking

Is there no love out there for the old Nikon kit? open to offers as I would prefer to avoid eBay if possible.

Thanks

Hi there,

Is the Nikon AF-S 70-300MM a DX lens or will it work on full frame? Does it have VR?

Many thanks.

Just received the Nikon AF-S 70-300MM F/4 4.5-5.6 G IF-ED Zoom from Gary this morning. It's like new, with original box and every other accessory. Very impressed and have just taken my first photos with it. Great communication and speedy delivery. I can wholeheartedly recommend Gary as a seller to all.

The 70-300 has gone to Tiggers, seems that you cannot edit the original post anymore to show stuff as sold.

Anyway, all of the rest is taking up space on the shelf and needs a new home.

Open to sensible offers.

I may be interested in the D800 but I'll have to move my D600 on.
Would you be willing to wait until the end of June?

Hi Bob,

Thats fine by me, the Nikon kit is not flying out the door. How about I "reserve" it until Ist July and you let me know either way. If you change your mind in the meantime just let me know.

Cheers

70-300 and D800 gone now.

But plenty I still need to move on to new homes, open to offers or prices on combining items.

Thanks

The 24-120 lens is a great all rounder. I have used one on my D810 for 3 years and seldom swap it for another lens. By the way the maximum aperture is f4, not 1.4 as I think you have it. A bargain for someone!

Now that the thread has wrapped up, can I ask what Fuji body you went for? I'm still using X-T1s and love them, although the upcoming Nikon Z5 looks tempting...

Hi Booja,

Course you can . Believe it or not I now have an old X T1 and a X E3. I am massively impressed with the straight forward usability of them and the image quality is stunning. I didn't say in the original thread but the weight of the Nikon stuff was becoming and issue for me so the Fuji kit is ideal , and its not a "good for a small camera" thing its simply great quality images. The D800 was brilliant but difficult to use because of the huge mp count so often got used at a lower mp setting. The D700 was and is a stunning camera deserving of its reputation and everyone who is even remotely interested in photography should own one at some time, but simply wasn't getting used.
We had short break last week and I carried both bodies and 3 lenses in a very small bag, and I do mean very small.

Only drawback I can see is the cost of lenses at the moment, coming from Nikon I was used to picking up older lenses cheaply.

Hope this helps, pick yourself up a cheap X T1 before you buy the Z5 and see what you think. If you dont like it you can always move it on.

Cheers

Hi Booja,

Course you can . Believe it or not I now have an old X T1 and a X E3. I am massively impressed with the straight forward usability of them and the image quality is stunning. I didn't say in the original thread but the weight of the Nikon stuff was becoming and issue for me so the Fuji kit is ideal , and its not a "good for a small camera" thing its simply great quality images. The D800 was brilliant but difficult to use because of the huge mp count so often got used at a lower mp setting. The D700 was and is a stunning camera deserving of its reputation and everyone who is even remotely interested in photography should own one at some time, but simply wasn't getting used.
We had short break last week and I carried both bodies and 3 lenses in a very small bag, and I do mean very small.

Only drawback I can see is the cost of lenses at the moment, coming from Nikon I was used to picking up older lenses cheaply.

Hope this helps, pick yourself up a cheap X T1 before you buy the Z5 and see what you think. If you dont like it you can always move it on.

Cheers
I actually currently have two X-T1s! They're great! I'm just thinking hypothetically, if I bought a current generation camera (no need), would it be an X-T4 or Z5? Both have IBIS, both seem like good options... I've never had FF before so it's something I'm curious about. But really I'll probably keep using the X-T1s for several more years and then maybe consider some newer used options...

BTW the 18-135mm in my opinion is a hard to beat lens. I've had some primes, the 18-55mm (since it was supposed to be shaper), etc. But the weather resistant 18-135mm has been a trooper in so many places. In a river in Thailand with elephants from a sanctuary, in really dusty and windy locations in Spain... I also have the 10-24mm and those are my only lenses.

Interesting thread! Although I really like my D810 and Nikon lenses I am finding them too heavy to carry on long walks. Full frame is great but the files are big (>40 Mb for each raw file) so you need a fast processor and large hard drive to work with and store them. I too am thinking of moving to the Z5 or Z6, or something from Fuji.

Booja,

Well , two t1s, based on my albeit limited experience so far with mine I dont think there is much else I would need. I know its "only" 16mp, but the pictures straight out of the camera look superb. I suppose if you were after super low light or something you might need an alternative, but I really cant say.

I had actually been looking at the 18-55 so its great to have your comments. I have a 35mm which is superb, 27mm which is great for every day stuff and makes for a very small package, plus the kit zoom which is a lot better than I was expecting.
Interesting thread! Although I really like my D810 and Nikon lenses I am finding them too heavy to carry on long walks. Full frame is great but the files are big (>40 Mb for each raw file) so you need a fast processor and large hard drive to work with and store them. I too am thinking of moving to the Z5 or Z6, or something from Fuji.
Andrew,

same here they are great but just too big for carrying and as you say the files are a bit unwieldy. Pick yourself up a cheap x t1 and see what you think. Might not be for you but I was very pleasantly surprised.

advertisement

Back