advertisement

Nikon 300mm f4 PF

They are brilliant, all of them, well says the great expert whose iphone camera is too advanced for him. I've always wanted to be able to take a fair picture but it's one of those things in life that can never be I'm afraid. Doesn't stop me appreciating other peoples skill though.

Thanks for posting them

Reactions: ron
Thank you , must admit I'm really enjoying using this little lens . Unfortunately my TC-17e doesn't work too good with my 300mm PF , IQ takes a huge hit compared to using the TC-14e iii , maybe it's a bad copy although it does work well with my 300mm f2.8 after stopping down . The only downside with the PF is that far away objects don't look too great , the bigger f2.8 with or without TCs is much better .

I did see that Nikon say that the TC17e doesn't work perfectly with it, so I shall get a TC 14e. I have a Nikkor 300mm 2.8 but I really don't want to lug it and my big tripod around South Africa for a month.

These were so far away so had to crop but here's a more distant shot - flamingos on Cyprus

flamingos 3 by Ian123)running, on Flickr

Nikon D7200 300mm f/4 PF, TC1.4e III

[edited - the original was over-processed. Nikon's Vivid picture control is punchy but I think it can lead to halos etc. This is Standard+1 and seems more natural]

Last edited:
I know it’s not the most impressive shot but these were pretty hard to spot by eye. Certainly could not see any colour. Just ‘maybe some kind of bird over there’

Only just seen these, nice set Ian its a great little lens . I've not properly tried it with the D850 yet

Reactions: ron
Very nice set Ian, its an excellent little lens. I find it noticeably sharper than my 200-500

advertisement

Back