advertisement

Nick Cave - Ghosteen

Just got tickets for Birmingham courtesy of my lovely son who also loves Mr Cave. First time I’ll have seen him live. Cannot wait. I think he’s at his prime.

The " I love you s " in the first track , get me choked and that's about 90 seconds in.

I really disliked the whole album on a first listen but grew to love it. It does hold a certain power over you once gripped.

It's going to be a marmite album for sure, but most of it I smother on hot toast.

It’s a stunning album and Waiting for you is a standout emotional track for me. He sings with real heart on this album. It has sad beauty.

I like his last three albums and the boatman's call especially.

Wish he would sing more often, rather than spoken word passages, as when he does he is such an emotive singer.

He obviously learnt so much from Kylie :)

I have been a fan for many years and have at least 20 CDs. I have listened to Ghosteen and it does nothing for me at all. I would normally buy anything Nick Cave is involved in but not this.

I've always liked his sound and loved some songs, but never really got into his albums until this one. I think it's great.

The last three albums 'Push The Sky Away', 'Skeleton Tree' and 'Ghosteen' are a holy trinity. Absolutely stunning.

I think he'll change direction after this run of albums.

advertisement

Back